Recent content by mmws

1. mmws

Pressure valve releases in freezing weather

Most relief valves commonly used on wells today are made in China, hence the $8.00 price! Once these valves relieve, and yours probably has because the brass check valve is the first thing to freeze, they seldom work properly again. Just replace it. A quality Watts valve of 75# rating should be...
  2. mmws

Pressure tank losses pressure for 5-10 seconds

Hopefully you have solved your problem by now, but if not maybe I can help. You say: when pressure drops to about 30lbs there is a click. then the pressure drops to zero pausing a few times on the way. then it stays at zero briefly. then the pump starts and pressure increases to maximum...
  3. mmws

Pump quits pumping before pressure switch kicks off

Diagnosing pressure problem The first thing you need to do is get an amperage reading when the pump is misbehaving. The pump will many times tell you what it is disliking. My first stab at diagnosing this without being on the job-site would be that you could be pumping the well dry or at least...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks