Recent content by MKeel

1. MKeel

When are pressure balancing loops necessary?

Good advice on mocking up the whole thing. I am beginning to understand why so many plumbers think these particular bodysprays are a pain.
  2. MKeel

I also think that the plaster guard is to show where the finished wall will go. Why the instructions say to "line up the edge of the plaster guard with the front face of the studs" is confusing to say the least. They also make no mention to remove the plaster guard once the pipe depth is...
  3. MKeel

Well, it hasn't been just one plumber. I have done a lot of research and talked to several plumbers and now I wonder if the benefits of balancing loops may be overstated. Anyway, I wanted to open this up for discussion to see what the folks on this forum had to say about it and in the process...
  4. MKeel

Hj and Jim, Thank you for the help! Everything is on one wall of the shower and there is no circuitous water system between them. So it appears that I may not need a loop after all. Here are a few more details and let me know if after this information you think a loop is or is not...
  5. MKeel

George, Thanks for the advice. I have WaterTile Square 22-nozzle bodyspray - K-8003 from Kohler. They show a pressure balancing loop in their instructions but a plumber told me today that it was unnecessary. Do you suggest that I put the brass nipples at the top and bottom of the loop or...
  6. MKeel

I have been reading a lot about pressure balancing loops and some say you absolultey need them if you are using more than two body sprays, while others say they are a complete waste of time and money. I am installing two body sprays in my shower and need some help figuring this out. I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks