Recent content by Mitchr

1. Mitchr

Gravity Hot Water Recirculating Loop Questions

Response to Master Plumb Hello, I've been thinking about this same topic lately and also would like to install a recirculating loop in our home system. I like the idea of the swing check valve that was posted earlier. Do you o others have any comments on whether or not this a good way to go...
  2. Mitchr

Drain Pan Under Water Softener

I do handyman work and a customer of mine is asking if I could install a drain pan under their water softener. Has anyone done this before? My first thought was to find a suitable pan that might be readily available from a manufacturer. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  3. Mitchr

Rusted toilet flange

I do handyman work and was called to help a customer reseat a toilet because water was coming out from under the base. After we removed the toilet I could see that the flange was totally rusted through on one side and that was why the toilet could not be bolted on that side. Probably would not...
  4. Mitchr

Need some advice about main water shut off

Thanks Thanks to all for your help. Always nice to post a thread on here and get some great advice.
  5. Mitchr

Good Stuff! I thought the ball-type valves were the best! Why do you prefer the gate style? The local code here in Palatine, IL calls for 3/4 or 1" ball valve on each side of the meter. Doing handyman work, I often need to turn off the house to repair a toilet, replace a small shutoff, etc...
  6. Mitchr

Shut Off Valve leaking

leaking shutoff I do a lot of handyman work, but do not consider myself an expert. I am not familiar with the valve you have used, but it looks from the pic that maybe you could try unthreading that part, drying off the threads and applying some gray plumbers thread compound and then...
  7. Mitchr

I need to replace an old gate valve that has a leaky stem. This valve is located about 3 to 4 inches off the floor and is the main cutoff for the house before the water meter. The copper coming into the old valve is 3/4 and I want to use a (Code required) ball valve. I'm concerned that the joint...
  8. Mitchr

Shut Off Valve leaking

Try this Does the valve leak without any flexible riser connected to it? If the valve leaks at that threaded connection where it goes into the actual valve body, replace with another style of valve.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks