Recent content by Mispeld

1. Mispeld

What would cause pump and pipe to lift out of ground?

Never mind. I am an idiot and realized the concrete pad settled about 1/2" on one side so the well did not lift, rather the enclosure dropped instead.
  2. Mispeld

What would cause pump and pipe to lift out of ground?

Very old shallow well – I am guessing 20’ and probably installed in the 1980’s. It has a 1 ¼ steel galvanized pipe going into the ground with a 1/2hp shallow pump. This well goes dry during droughts so it doesn’t get used a whole lot but we will use it to water gardens, wash hands or whatever...
  3. Mispeld

Low GPM but good pressure

Awesome. That is interesting. I guess pump depth won't matter much if my water level is 15' from the surface. I wish I could figure out what is wrong with the jet pump. Leathers are good and seals fine – never had a problem holding pressure or losing prime. Back pressure valve has been...
  4. Mispeld

I re-read what you wrote valveman "It doesn't matter how deep you set the pump as it only lift from the water level, not the depth of pump setting." So what you're saying - and please correct me if I am wrong... If the water level is 15' down the casing, and I drop the pump 150' - then...
  5. Mispeld

Thanks. So I guess I am in the ballpark with my theory that I can't achieve 60psi with this pump at the depth and other limiting factors. I was considering a storage tank in the future if the planets and stars align when we build our house. We got an estimate of $10k for a new well so I am...
  6. Mispeld

Update: I removed the 80’ of piping and ejector. The casing of the ejector is stamped according to the chart above and adequate for the 80’ depth. I did not remove the nozzle though. Just for the heck of it, I decided to lower the drop pipe 50’ instead of 80’ to see if there would be a...
  7. Mispeld

Thanks for the input. Is the "back pressure valve" where the gauge is? I tried. I adjusted it for max flow and to steady the needle and it's running about 75psi when it's on. It helped but didn't yield the results I was hoping for.
  8. Mispeld

Sorry for the long description as I am trying to be thorough. I posted once or twice before and I gave bad information regarding the depth and would like to clarify to see if I can figure out why my GPM is so low. We have been using our well on the weekends to provide water to our camper. We...
  9. Mispeld

Pump Pulsates trips breaker

I just wanted to follow up and thank everyone for their expertise and input. I purchased a new 33 gal pressure tank to place next to the well pump instead of relocating the smaller 19 gal that was 30' away and just keep it with the other shallow well. I also took the advice and ran the line...
  10. Mispeld

It appears to be a 1HP Berkely 10MS. Sorry, thought it was Goulds.
  11. Mispeld

I sincerely thank you for your input. The casing is too small for a submersible pump. I assume this was installed to ensure the ten or so heads of cattle had water when the small farm was active and met the needs for it's purpose. The two old 20' shallow wells go dry at times. Again, Thanks!
  12. Mispeld

Thank you. It makes sense... to get an accurate pressure reading to control the pump - sensing line should be next to the tank not 30' away on the pump! I don't know why I only get 1.8 GPM. I thought there was something wrong so last year I removed all 230' of the PVC piping and the foot valve...
  13. Mispeld

I have a 230' well on my property and about two weeks ago I hooked it up to our camper. I know this isn't typical but it is what it is... Vertical Goulds 1HP jet pump with a pressure control valve on the side. I have a 30' 5/8 black PVC irrigation style hose going to a 19 gallon pressure tank...
  14. Mispeld

Low Volume

What would cause a 240' deep well that has not been used in over 6 years produce less that 1GPM while still providing pressure and holding prime?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks