Recent content by Milanomike

1. M

Clack WS1 Filling Brine Tank - Can't Figure It Out

Dino1965, Again, I do not profess to be a water softener expert, but I had the exact same issue shortly after installing my WS. One of the plastic sealing rings in the brine draw line was cracked, so it would not seal properly. I found it by doing a regeneration and noted that it was sucking a...
  2. M

I am no expert for sure but learned a lot here about water softeners. Hard to tell but it looks like a Clack valve from the 1st photo. Maybe shot of the front of it showing the buttons. Either way, the cover pops off easily and you can most likely figure it out from there. I found the Hellen...
  3. M

OK, I can set the fill to 0.1 on my Clack WS1EE! I'm at 5.5 right now. Thinking it thru I understand that it will fill at 5.5 x 0.5 gpm or 2.75 gallons which autocorrects to the right amount of brine. Just need to remember all this for next time. I've got plenty of notes and printed this...
  4. M

Bannerman, OK, I'll set the fill to 5.5 or worse case 6. I'll keep an eye on it and let the regeneration correct the brine level. Yes, my water is chlorinated, but I filter before the softener. I have a sediment filter first which feeds a charcoal filter then the softener. So very little...
  5. M

OK, got it, yeah, I seem to recall I can set increments of a minute. So, I'll set it at 5.5 or 6 whichever I can get. I'm thinking of bumping the hardness to 14 as suggested, this will give me ~1725 gallons before regeneration using 24000 grains total capacity setting. The city claims hardness...
  6. M

Bannerman thanks again Apparently, the software/system was updated after my unit, my manual shows last update in 2009 (and is only 16 pages). I did see the later manual online with the option to enter hardness/salt dose. Took me a bit to realize the newer units have this programming...
  7. M

Reach4, I need to think about this when I'm a bit sharper.... OK, start with for example 3 gallons of water in the brine tank. Add some salt, which dissolves in the water, so the water (now brine) level increases. That makes sense. Basically, the volume has to increase if I dissolve a bunch...
  8. M

Reach4, Yep, brine tank measures ~14 x 12. Yeah, figured it was too much water for my unit. Something is wrong here, about the only thing left is the media itself unless I've somehow missed something. Searching online I can get the gravel and media fairly inexpensively. Hardness check on...
  9. M

OK, this is bugging me, so doing some more reading and thinking The water level seems too high to me, but I'm wondering could this be correct. This is based on some reading on the Aquatell site., which suggests the water in the tank could be as high as 12". Yeah, I know what size tank etc. I...
  10. M

OK, I'm getting closer but still not there. Again, Bannerman and Reach4 thanks for staying with me on this problem. I ended up draining the brine tank only because I needed to be away for a bit. Figured I'd drain the tank and start fresh, I added 4 gallons of water to the tank (just at or...
  11. M

OK, got it set up, used the 24000 grain recommendation for a regeneration. For me at 12 grains of hardness this is about 2000 gallons, it was set a bit higher previously. We use a lot less water since the kids moved out. I'll see over next few days how the water is, then test for hardness...
  12. M

Yes, it is city water. Incoming hardness varies a bit but recent check showed 12 grains of hardness. Will see how much it softens once I get it going. Replacing the media looks messy....
  13. M

Bannerman, thanks for careful reply. Yes, I identified I screwed up on this, thought I had it. The good news is no additional water has entered the brine tank, so the new stack has fixed that. Will look at the setting for my setup can't recall it at the moment, but do recall to not set it at...
  14. M

OK, may have figured it out or at least learned something. My brine draw is 60 minutes and I mistakenly assumed it sucked brine for the entire 60 minutes. It appears that it sucks brine for ~20 minutes, then stops sucking and does a slow rinse. So, looks like I added way too much water. Need...
  15. M

OK, I'm back and either still have a problem or I just haven't figured it out. I've rebuilt the valve, new spacer stack, brine and regeneration pistons, new o-ring. Task was straightforward. I cleaned the brine tank, got some old caked up salt out of the bottom of the tank, cleaned out any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks