Recent content by MikeG

1. MikeG

Second Floor Laundry Room Help

I need some help with planning the drain lines for an upcoming project to move our first floor level laundry room to the second floor. The new laundry room will be located adjacent to a bathroom so my plan was to tie into the supply and drain lines along that wall. I have some diagrams...
  2. MikeG

Water Heater Question

I looked at it again tonight. It is only forming on one side of the fitting, right at the male/female connection. I guess it's a tiny leak. We have hard water here so maybe it is calcification.
  3. MikeG

Water Heater Question

I think they only used tape and no dope. The area is bone dry. The water heater is in my woodshop and does get fine sawdust on the top. I use that as a guage on my leaks! :) The plumber is coming Thursday a.m. Worse case is they will replace the fitting, I hope! :o
  4. MikeG

Water Heater Question

I have a 3 year old WH that has a white crust on the hot side at the male/female coupling between the copper pipe and the brass fitting going into the WH. When the plumbers installed the WH they specifically said that they were using a brass fitting so that there would not be a metalergic...
  5. MikeG

Sump Pump Issue Part 2

I finally got the right sized battery for my Zoeller 507 backup system. The pump is runing fine. However, now I see where the real problem is. The plumber installed the check valve in the wrong place :mad: . I have attached a diagram of what I have including where I need to add the new...
  6. MikeG

Zoeller Basement Sentry Issues

Zoellerpump - Thanks for the advice. I talked with one of ther service techs this morning and he was also helpful. I'll check on getting the Aquanot battery instead. Cass- I could tell that the water was not moving due to nothing was getting drained and I could not hear anything in the...
  7. MikeG

Zoeller Basement Sentry Issues

I have a Zoeller Basement Sentry 507 installed as my backup sump pump. On Monday I replaced the deep cycle battery with a new Interstate deep cycle SRM27 battery and let it charge overnight. Based on a test of the charge it looks fully charged. Last night (Tuesday) I tested the pump by...
  8. MikeG

Sump pump questions

Gellia - I have a similar but not as bad of an issue with our sump. Ours becomes a real issue when we get a few inches of rain. The problem with the battery backups is that the batteries don't last all that long. I've now gone through 3 deep cycle batteries in about 3 years. If you have the...
  9. MikeG

Water heater relief valve leaking...a lot.

Kitch - I had the same issue a week or two ago. I replaced the 20 year old PRV, 1 year old T&P on the heater and added a Watts expansion tank. The problem was solved with the expansion tank. I replaced the PRV since the pressure was fluctuating and running high. The T&P runs about $8 at...
  10. MikeG

Handheld shower question

Frank - I just installed one in my bathroom remodel. If this is going to be replacing the shower head then all you should need is a brass nipple that is long enough to fit onto the ell that is behind the wall to the ell fitting for the handheld. If you are going to add this along with a...
  11. MikeG

Soldering around existing fittings

TJ - My thought was to replace the coupler with the T. When I need to replace the water heater I could replace the T just as easy as the coupler since the T is going to the expansion tank. That was my thought...
  12. MikeG

Thanks guys. I needed the kick in the confidence! :)
  13. MikeG

Hey guys! Well when it comes to soldering around existing fittings on supply lines I'm a CHICKEN! :D I'm working on installing an expansion tank. I have everything set. All that is left is to add the T into the cold water supply going into the water heater. Here's the problem...
  14. MikeG

PRV Pressure

2 more questions Two more questions.... 1. Today I picked up the Watts expansion tank DET-12. The instructions say to match the pressure of the tank to be the same as the cold water line with a faucet open. That would be a few pounds lower than with the faucets closed. I thought it would...
  15. MikeG

Kohler Shower Head - K-8506

Gary - I think due to the larger diameter of the holes in the current showerhead the stream is under less pressure. Mike
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks