Recent content by MIKE123

1. MIKE123

alternate heating source

thats it, I am off burning wood and coal now I am going to stuff my boiler with puppies and kittens. not only will I heat my house, but it will smell like a bar-b-q all winter long!!
  2. MIKE123

alternate heating source

Please clarify I'm sorry, I just don't see how a few weekends of manual labor along with the equipment and fuel can add up to my propane payment. Maybe you could post that math you wrote about and I can see the error of my ways. My math seems to show savings that will pay for the boiler...
  3. MIKE123

alternate heating source

Log splitter The only log splitter I ever used had a wooden handle and a hunk of metal on the end. You know what get's the fire burning fast and hot? tires.:) Rugged, How does thousands of gallons of propane compare to -8 to 10 chainsaw refuels? -a tank of diesel for the...
  4. MIKE123

alternate heating source

As for global warming, after having a physics class, I find it hard to believe we are the cause "Warmest temps in 30 years" 30 years is less then a blink of an eye in the timeline of the world. The world has seen it all. Besides that. I doubt my shovel or two of coal is something you can...
  5. MIKE123

alternate heating source

The heating season is done and all I bought was 16 gallons of propane! I recently installed an indoor coal and wood boiler. What a treat! I cut about 10 cords of wood and didn't get to burn any of it (too wet) So I bought 3 tons of coal and burned that. Took a long time to get used to it...
  6. MIKE123

Loud Chatter when pump runs

starting the repairs before I read ranchers latest post, I started to increase the pressure turning the large nut clockwise and pressing the plate every so often, the gauge did not move off of 40 so... I draind the tank and took a reading.... 38 then I turned the pump back on and took a...
  7. MIKE123

picture here is the pic you requested
  8. MIKE123

not sure how to post pic
  9. MIKE123

Control Box I have never seen the control box. Is it possible there is not one? I believe I have seen them in other homes but I never saw one in my house.
  10. MIKE123

Thanks! Thanks for the info sam! I never relized that those tankes were pressurised manually, I thought it wat the well pump that did that. I will try it when I get home. IF the pump does not turn on at 40lbs then how do I adjust for that? thanks again sam.
  11. MIKE123

pressure it is the reading on the gauge. As for the adjustment... I fiddeled with it years ago when there was a huge drop in pressure as the well kicked on and resolved that (a little). could my adjustment have started my problem with the noise?
  12. MIKE123

yet, more onfo Franklin submersable motor 1/2 hp Well-x-trol wx-202 pressure is @ 40 lbs (should and can I raise that?) Square D pumptrol switch all installed on nov 2003 I took a pic but I am not sure how to post it. hope this helps you troublshoot thanks in advance. mike
  13. MIKE123

more info as requested Well, as far as equipment I will need to log on when I get home. I dont beleive I will be able to tell you what size pump I have. The line comes out of the slab in the form of black plastic, to the valve and then to the expansion tank (I beleive) I will take a Pic...
  14. MIKE123

more info Thanks for the reply, The points are operating correctly. In another forum I asked the question and only one person replied saying it may be a check valve in the pump. Where would that valve be? Could I replace it? No baby yet, still waiting for the call.:o
  15. MIKE123

Help! I am worried that I may be causing damage to my pump. When the pressure switch calls for water there is a loud chattering sound that comes from that area. I took of the cover and the contacts clamp down tight with no movement. What is it? and can I fix it myself? Is it something that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks