Recent content by mike08201

1. mike08201

Water heaters piped in parallel

In total agreement on that! I'm just a rookie but I can speak from first hand knowledge on this issue. When I had my old oil fired boiler it had the coil for hot water, never quite did the trick to my satisfaction. So I bought an electric 40 gallon and had the boiler feed it with pre-heated...
  2. mike08201

Heating size question

The heating load was calculated at 15,000 BTU's using an online heat calculator
  3. mike08201

Heating size question

I have no clue as to the formulas of heating, how much radiator per space. In the new kitchen we are putting up: [approx 360 sq ft, 12' high ceiling, insulated well (R-30 in ceiling and R-13 in walls) minimal window load (11sq ft of low 'e' and one 6' low 'e' patio door)] I'm planning on...
  4. mike08201

Respect to Customer's Homes

Ironic, I was just thinking the same thing. How impressive and professional. Demonstrates concern for other peoples furnishings. Hats off to y'all!
  5. mike08201

Re- gluing ? re-melting PVC w/ PVC solvent

Kord, I understand and agree with you. If it is any consolation, the help afforded to me by this group is for my own house. We desperately needed a new kitchen and the equity loan is only so big. One of my customers (I run a millwork facility for a lumber yard) is a builder and if it wasn't...
  6. mike08201

Need opinions on supply lines

I appreciate all the suggestions. I just came up from the basement and I decided to run under the R-30 floor insulation. You can't get a better insulator than that, and there are no elaborate setups. If something needs servicing, you wouldn't want to be me! LOL But most days folks don't. I'm...
  7. mike08201

Thanks rugged. I did help the glue along by keeping next to my light bulb while I worked. Plus the joints will have a month or better before water hits them so they have time to cure completely. As of right now you can't even twist the joints so something must've gone right. Plus I put so much...
  8. mike08201

Re- gluing ? re-melting PVC w/ PVC solvent

Just yesterday, the fella at the plumbing supply store (Grant Supply) told me that ABS is superior to PVC since PVC joints will come apart if that are hit and no cleaner was used.
  9. mike08201

Is it any wonder I hate customers?

I feel bad for you folks (pros). A buddy of mine was a plumber, I used to help him on some jobs (thats where I learned how to solder a joint) and he always was cutting ppl breaks and they NEVER appreciated it, always wanted more. I felt bad for him. One job we had to dig by hand under the...
  10. mike08201

Doesn't look promising. Everything has been closed off for an hour now, heat wafting in from basement, and crawl space temp is 15 degrees. Now, the radiator lines haven't been run yet, so it is a wild card to know how they will contribute to a better temp. in there. Another thought crossed my...
  11. mike08201

the access panel is an insulated panel (metal with 1" polystyrene LOL) and I already closed all the foundation vents. The block is all new work so it should be tight. Of course while I was in there the access panel was off so the wind whipped right in, but my bare hands weren't freezing but...
  12. mike08201

New addition going up over a crawl space. Today I plan on running some supply lines for the tub and sinks, plus if i am lucky some supply lines for heat. I'm afraid of them freezing, I know I froze my <beep> off running the DWV under there, took 3 jackets to stay warm enough to keep going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks