Recent content by mike04gt

1. mike04gt

Water still backing up from floor drain

If the cutter he is bringing out today does not accomplish anything, I'm going to have to find someone to run a camera through it. The city actually requires and inspector to come out and view the camera while it is being ran to make sure where the problem is. But a tape of it wouldn't hurt...
  2. mike04gt

Naturally, the city wants you to jump through hoops to get something accomplished. My plumber is coming out tomorrow again with a thicker rod and a claw end to see if he can get more roots or find anything else. If that doesn't work, we'll have to do what the city says and get a camera in...
  3. mike04gt

Hey everyone, Need some advise here. I live in an old, OLD Chicago two flat house. Recently we have been having some problems with water backing up in the basement floor drain when we shower and even worse when it rains. I have had our plumber come out twice, and he rodded out the...
  4. mike04gt

Different standpipe sizes?

Yea, its an old cast iron floor drain that measures an odd 4 1/2" opening size. Just wanted to make sure it can fit before I buy one, thanks alot!
  5. mike04gt

Different standpipe sizes?

Hey All, Just wondering if anyone knows if they make a standpipe back seal in any other sizes than 4"??? My drain opening in the floor is 4.5", but I cannot locate any other larger sizes online or at any of the local plumbing stores. Thanks~
  6. mike04gt

Water draining bad, backup in basement... (Pictures included)

Just an update for those interested... Thanks for all the posts and thoughts guys, I've read them all and appreciate your time spent. Took the advice, had a plumber come out on Sunday morning instead of waiting till Monday to check out the house. He rodded out the bathtub, then went into...
  7. mike04gt

You are seriously acting ridiculous about this now. I wanted suggestions, I'm not casual about this, I'm trying to learn and to fix things myself seeing as I lost my job and am having a hard time affording a plumber. Thanks.
  8. mike04gt

Absolutely appreciate your post, thank you. The only reason I posted the pictures was to show the problem areas because unlike you, I DON'T know how to fix these problems and was looking for help from people on this forum, and got some great help and suggestions actually. I wanted to get...
  9. mike04gt

Yep, down off 26th street, thats the southside for sure, I don't venture down there too often since I moved up here, but yea, their breaded steak sandwiches were amazing. What burb do you live in? I was born and raised in Calumet City, and have been living in Chicago since I left high school...
  10. mike04gt

haha! Nelson funeral home, yep :cool:
  11. mike04gt

There are a ton of cool plumbing places up in this area, I've spent many a day and alot of money over at the Faucet Shoppe on Elston haha. Been fixing alot of the basic plumbing problems with the sinks in this house, and the tub. We had the tub rodded about a month or so ago, he said there...
  12. mike04gt

I live right by Wrigley Field if you are familiar with the area, the bathtub is on the first floor of a 2 flat house... I'm going to try again to call the City on Monday since they are probably closed tomorrow... if its the City sewer, I'll be happy that its not mine. Thanks for those guys...
  13. mike04gt

I hope you are right taht it is just something with the city's main line and its not something in mine. Either way, when I get a plumber out here I'll be getting it rodded out anyways. Hell, with the way the last owner of this house took care of things with that hole in the cap, who knows...
  14. mike04gt

Me and my wife just got the house this past September, only the past 2 weeks we have been having issues with the plumbing and I have been trying to figure out the problems. Now that I found this hole in the line, it should help when we have a plumber come out and check out the basement...
  15. mike04gt

Also, found this pipe in the wall which is definately a problem... don't know what pipe this is, but it was spewing water from the hole when we took showers tonight... it looks like there is alot of paper in it, when the water was coming out of it, it smelled like a toilet. Any suggestions on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks