Recent content by Mike Turner

1. Mike Turner

T8 Lighting and GFCI ?

Your T8 fixture should not be powered by the load side of your GFCI. If direct connect your T8 fixture and install a switch you will not have any more problems,a ballast fixture can mess with a GFCI. I went to my local Lowes and found this out too ! And thats what it was... I had the light on...
  2. Mike Turner

T8 Lighting and GFCI ?

Thanks Don and everybody else too. I'm not a electrician but I do a little stuff like this and always want to be safe..Is there any way to tell without unwiring it to tell if load is properly connected ? When I test it instantly turns it off and then I reset it and it works fine...It is so hot...
  3. Mike Turner

T8 Lighting and GFCI ?

I did a google search in it it said the line / load connections are reversed the test/trip wouldnt work properly....Is this correct? I went back out an hr after I changed the bulbs and now everything is working.....Perplexed now!! Thanks everybody !
  4. Mike Turner

T8 Lighting and GFCI ?

Back 4/28/11 I replaced my old fluorescent lights with T8s and they've been working great... One section of my lights feed through an outlet and then to a switch then to the lights. Yesterday I replaced this one outlet with a GFCI .... I use this outlet a lot..The GFCI works good...The...
  5. Mike Turner

GFCI on Freezer Circuit

Well I should have mentioned this..It is in shop where I do use some tools...Thats what my safety concern was about ..Thanks
  6. Mike Turner

GFCI on Freezer Circuit

I have our small freezer in my shop. It is on a circuit without a GFCI . I would like to put a GFCI in the circuit but worry but worry about it tripping and losing the contents of the freezer BUT I know I need one on that line. Anyone ever had this happen ? Would love to bring it in house...
  7. Mike Turner

Small Shop Wiring

I was really just wanting to make sure everything was very safe. I sometimes lean to the extreme side. but everything has worked fine all these yrs but I do use the shop a little more now but I am cautious about using too much at one time! Thanks everybody for all the answered ? and input !!!!
  8. Mike Turner

Small Shop Wiring

The wires are 12-2. There is a good ground rod outside of shop. I'm the guilty one installing the 10-2 instead of 10-3 15 yrs. ago before I knew what the 10-3 was even for like in this situation....Everything has been working fine for all these yrs. Does anyone see any need to change the wiring...
  9. Mike Turner

Small Shop Wiring

It is 12-2 . Actually it is 12-2 to everything..... No 14 used at all. Thanks !
  10. Mike Turner

Small Shop Wiring

Last ? on this ...I am using 2 15 amps fuses right now. I can change those to 20 amps one right? Or would you stay with 15 and 15 for 30 amp service ? Is my thinking of the 2 15 amps ones as adding up to 30 amps. Maybe someone can clear my mind on these. I know these are elementary ? for you...
  11. Mike Turner

Small Shop Wiring

Thanks for the welcome. Right now there is a 20 amp breaker in my main service feeding to a 30 amp square D fused disconnect....the kind with 2 screw in fuses..I have two 15 amp fuses in there and it feeds 2 circuits in the shop. I am not an electrician by any means but I did take some classes...
  12. Mike Turner

Small Shop Wiring

"I have a 200 amp service in my house. I have a small shop. I ran 10-2 with grd off of a 20 amp breaker from the 200 amp service to a 30 amp fused service disconnect. The distance from the 200 amp service to the 30 amp disconnect is about 75 ft.. In my shop the only thing that stays on is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks