Recent content by Mike Pastorelli

1. Mike Pastorelli

Voltage drop

3 conductors come off the meter can and into the service panel. 2 hots and a neutral. As I said, my DMM reads 118V off each leg with light loads. But, when I plug in larger loads ( microwave or fridge ) the voltage jumps all over the place. I am still looking over this previous owners work...
  2. Mike Pastorelli

Voltage drop

My meter point is right at the ( hot ) conductor before the main breaker. The two hots that come off the meter can and into the house before hitting the main panel.. One meter lead is on the neutral and the other on the hot.. Both show 120 volts.. Then, when I turn the microwave on or any...
  3. Mike Pastorelli

My Sub-Panel set-up and general electric questions... Good to go?

Yea, that sounded like I would be climbing a telephone pole to do that.. No, not the top of the pole, the base.... :-) Thanks for replys
  4. Mike Pastorelli

Thanks again for all the informative replys.. On the grounding, I'm going with a closed loop on those 2 rods and doubled up on the acorn @ 8' APART. Any ideas on the various types of lubricants for the wire pull and how do you propose I do this? I was thinking to fasten the wire to a...
  5. Mike Pastorelli

I'm running 4 legs @ 125' long to the garage.( 10 guage THHM stranded southwire ) Two conductors ( hots ) One neutral and a ground.. I'm running them in grey PVC electricians pipe and putting them in a trench at 24" deep.. The 2 hots will be on a double pole 30 amp breaker which will run to a...
  6. Mike Pastorelli

Shallow Well

Sure this sounds good and will work... Here is what I would do with that high water table. ( I'm a cheapskate ) Dig down about 6 feet and use the 4 inch perforated pipe and create a big loop down there ( forego the gravel and use the fabric filter to keep sand out of the pipe ) Then pick...
  7. Mike Pastorelli

when you "drive" a water well........

Hahhaha, You'll be glad I signed on and saw your question... YOU MOST CERTAINLY CAN DRIVE A PVC PIPE WATER WELL... How do I know? Becuase I did it... Everyone I talked to said, it couldnt be done and I would break the pipe. Here is my post from August that outlines how I did it: [B]I'm...
  8. Mike Pastorelli

Please - How Can I ( 64000 dollar Question )

BCpumpguy- Ok, the gas auger seems like the way to go and I will investigate this further. Porky - Not a bad way to go. I like this idea. I'll let you 2 guys know what I come up with. THREAD CLOSED DUE TO RIDICULE / NEGATIVE COMMENTS.
  9. Mike Pastorelli

Getting through the 20' of overburden is the easy part.. I can easily wash down a 2" PVC pipe.. Then there is the SW Florida coral rock ( coquina ) that needs to be drilled through. As you probably already know its calcium carbonate based and not very hard to bore a hole through. The...
  10. Mike Pastorelli

Just kicking around the idea.. All input is welcome. Here is where I'm at: REBAR for the shaft.. Maybe weld a carbide bit to the rebar and drill at 12' sections? Weld sticks together as needed - making length as you drill deeper and deeper. Poking holes in my ideas is always welcome.
  11. Mike Pastorelli

How can I take a 1 inch dia concrete drill bit and drill down 100' using a standard 1/2 electric drill.. I need to get through this limestone substrate.
  12. Mike Pastorelli

Flowing Artesian Well = Fart Water

My Neighbor has a flowing Artesian Well.. We are in SW Florida and the river is no more than 100 feet away.. Someone told him the well was drilled down 600 feet.. Not only does the water have the fart smell, but also tastes the part too.. My questions: His house was built in 1920. Did...
  13. Mike Pastorelli

Mini Well and the Miniturization of all well components

I just dropped a 3/4 PVC well casing and I'm in the shallow water-table at 15 feet. I want to go solar ( 12 Volt ) and hook that up to a small solar driven well pump that draws 12 to 20 watts. Send down a 3/8 clear plastic tube with a mini foot valve on it for supply water. Just do a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks