Recent content by midorix

1. midorix

7000SXT 1.05" vs 32mm distributor pipe

Just one final check in. Based on all you recommendation and the setup, our water softener is running great! Only regret is that I didn't get this sooner and completely bypass the very expensive and unreliable Culligan system.
  2. midorix

Thanks Dittohead. I knew in my mind that 64K capacity is theoretical. I just didn't put 2 to 2 together by changing the setting accordingly. Thanks for your usual advice and I'll make the necessary changes to the settings. Yes, my unit has .25gpm BLFC connector.
  3. midorix

Since many of you were very helpful, I thought I report back after couple months of use. First, I ended up getting the 2cu ft (64K) Fleck 7000sxt with 32mm distributor tube. It has gravel underbed with 8% cross link ResinTech resin. It is connected with 1.5" x 1.25" brass connector available...
  4. midorix

Lifespeed, thanks for your input as well as everyone else. I think you brought up a good point which I need to figure out is what would be my family's typical usage be. Would we use the water softener as much as the this big house is capable of providing or will we just use partial? I do...
  5. midorix

You guys are so cool and all of you are making sense! You don't know how much I appreciate that considering I've been muddling around trying to figure out which data or suggestion is correct or not. Dittohead..you've "hit the nail on the head"..(pun intended). Living in So. Cal for a very long...
  6. midorix

Hi Gary. So do you think I'm taking the wrong path by going towards 2.0 cuft? I know we have 4.5 bath but it will never be used all at once. Probably the ideal is 1.5" distributor tube but again, many require 120K grain capacity to make this work (that's pretty much what I see as the minimum...
  7. midorix

You guys are awesome. Yes, my plan is to use Fleck's 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" brass sweat connection (also my plumber's recommendation) so I think that's pretty much settled. I know from the usage capacity perspective, 48K is probably the right size so my driver of the capacity decision is the SFR...
  8. midorix

Thanks. Looks like both you and dittohead is recommending the 2.5cu ft, as I'm assuming because of SFR, contact time, and resin bed area? I didn't realize Fleck 7000SXT can program and run efficiently at 4lbs salt per cu ft (as I assumed 6lbs is the lowest recommended). Based on my...
  9. midorix

I have one large tub that gets used occasionally (no other water hogging features in the house). 12gpm SFR was based on this tub's faucet opening wide on both hot and cold water. Current peak demand is probably 12gpm as well when 3 of the showers are being used (2 gpm each) with running...
  10. midorix

Here's my data: 3,400 sft home, 4.5 baths 4 people (two are 13 and 9 yo) municipal water 1.5" main copper water line hardness 15gpg iron none manganese none PH 7 TDS 550ppm sodium 101ppm chlorine 0.5ppm SFR 12gpm (7 gallon container took 35 seconds to fill) I know I want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks