Recent content by Michigan Ray

1. Michigan Ray

What Is the Best Porcelain Tile Thinset Mortar?

Thanks for the help and the link...... Ray
  2. Michigan Ray

What Is the Best Porcelain Tile Thinset Mortar?

Hi, I'm going to be installing a kitchen countertop along with a full backsplash (between upper and lower cabinets on new primed drywall). I will be using 6" x 6" porcelain tile. I would like some suggestions for thinset mortar that has high tackiness for the walls as well as the countertop. I...
  3. Michigan Ray

Wiring Help - Aprilaire 400

Couldn't agree with you more.... Thanks, Ray
  4. Michigan Ray

Humidifier Bypass Duct Placement Help Needed

Hey guys, nice info, but................ Make a "new" post, this has nothing to do with my original post. Maybe others would be interested. Your info falling under "Humidifier Bypass Duct Placement Help Needed" has nothing to do with the subject line. Thanks, Ray
  5. Michigan Ray

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  6. Michigan Ray

:)Thanks Scup for the info. as well as clearing some things up. Ray
  7. Michigan Ray

Like I said "Education is bliss" Thank's for all your thoughts, opinions and clearing things up. BTW my original post still remains unanswered. Ray
  8. Michigan Ray

Wow!! You're right....my house does leak. I don't know of any house that is air tight, how on earth would we breathe? Thank goodness with all my preconceived notions I have never sufficated as well as have my insulation, walls & ceilings collapse due to gallons of water and rot caused by my...
  9. Michigan Ray

Hi, Thanks for the post in explaining the humidification process. Hopefully this will help others understand the need for humidification. I understand the importance of how your home is built, insulated, etc., but here in the northern/midwest states a humidifier is almost alwys needed to...
  10. Michigan Ray

Not to argue, but I guess everything I have read from the pro's is wrong..... go figure. Not to mention my own experiance with/without humidification. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just disagree with yours.
  11. Michigan Ray

Humidifiers are best ran with hot water and/or on the supply side.
  12. Michigan Ray

Hi, Actually, the lack of humidity is mainly a symptom of dry forced air from a heating system. A humidifier is a must not an option. Ray
  13. Michigan Ray

Hi, I'm installing the Aprilaire 400A bypass humidifier on the supply side of my downflow forced air furnace without air conditioning. The main return duct is capped off measuring 14 x 20 x 4' 6" high directly over the furnace. The air filter is installed in the middle of the 4' 6" duct (2'...
  14. Michigan Ray

Awesome...... I'll skip using the G and Gf terminals. As I stated earlier on, I only want the humidifier to run during the heat/fan cycle only. I assume that the W to W wiring is also not needed. Maintenance wise, yes I totally agree that it is important to keep on top of cleaning and changing...
  15. Michigan Ray

Hi, Not to make things more complicated, but looking at the wiring diagram from Aprilaire pages 14 - 15 makes me a little confused with the wiring setup. The G, Gf and W connections especially. Do I need to follow any of those connections...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks