Recent content by Michael Young

1. Michael Young

Please help identify these fittings

Just about everybody out here is using pex these days. We all hate CPVC it gets brittle and the glue take a full hour to cure. I would replace full 20-foot runs of that CPVC using CPVC x pex adapters and then I'd cut in my tees wherever I needed them to be. If I had CPVC in my house, my goal...
  2. Michael Young

Advice needed on frost free spigot replacement/identification

1- CAREFULLY cut the CPVC 2- buy a WOODFORD brand hose bibb with a vacuum breaker (with a 4" shaft) 3- buy a 1/2" female thread x CPVC adapter 4- glue up a piece of 1/2" CPVC to the hose bibb (a little longer than you need) 5- stick the new makeup hose bibb into the hole and secure your screws...
  3. Michael Young

Pump won't start after running it out of gas

clean the carburator. replace the filter.
  4. Michael Young

Confused about direction of bathroom fan flapper

I can't tell much from your photo. My "best guess" here is that the WRITING would be FACING THE READER
  5. Michael Young

Sewer treatment question

WAX has been the standard for a long time. If the toilet wobbles. you can shim the toilet. But check the floor around the toilet. If a rotted floor is the reason the toilet wobbles, you can't fix a f*cked up floor with shims. I hate shims! It's my opinion that 100% of the toilets out there can...
  6. Michael Young

7" rough in?

7" rough 8" rough DOESN'T EXIST break up the floor and rough your new flange at 12" to the CENTER OF THE FLANGE. "Gosh darn golly" 10" rough and "Gosh darn golly" 14" rough. the standard is 12" and has been for as long as any of us have been working as plumbers. Stick with *standard* and you've gifted yourself with a...
  7. Michael Young

Toilet rough in 7”

OMG! F*CK!!! THEY DID WHAT! they PUSHED IT DOWN (like they pushed it down how? enough that you lost grade or did it just kinda snap off? You went from a 10" rough to a 7" rough. That doesn't sound right. that sounds like damage to me. They're going to have to get back over there and tear that...
  8. Michael Young

Switch box dead, same circuit outlets working

Have you hunted around and located (and reset) all of your GFCI's? I have a house I've been working on that has a similar problem. We never could find the short. So I just went up in the attic and used some glow rods to pull a new home-run. If you take a piece of 12-2 wire and put an outlet on...
  9. Michael Young

Air in Dentist Office Water System

go outside and access the backflow device to see if its discharging.
  10. Michael Young

I can not get the tank to bowl gasket to fit on my Mansfield toilet

I agree. A new toilet would have been the way to go. have you tried going to home depot and buying one of those spongy "universal fit" tank-to-bowl gaskets? You mentioned that you replaced EVERYTHING. If you replaced everything - and now, not even the old gasket will fit, it sounds like your...
  11. Michael Young

Easy fix for busted cable drain?

cut the old junk out and replace the entire tub waste and overflow. I prefer the glue-style tube waste and overflow. But this flex style is probably easier for homeowners. Don't forget to purchase a new glue-style trap (1-1/2" pvc) and a coupling (1-1/2" pvc). You may need a no-hub band if the...
  12. Michael Young

I'm seeing hot wires; some of those hots are capped. I'm seeing some neutral wires. I'm not seeing any ground.You mentioned it was a project house. Has this switch EVER worked since you've owned the house? What kind of access do you have? can you get to the wire overhead or underneath? Mark the...
  13. Michael Young

from the 50's or 60's Is the wiring copper or aluminum?
  14. Michael Young

I can not get the tank to bowl gasket to fit on my Mansfield toilet

Agreed. I'm not a Mansfield fan. I think he'd have the best outcome if he went out and replaced the toilet with a nice $300-$350 American Standard Cadet Pro (buy it from the supply house, not home dopey)
  15. Michael Young

call you local electric supply company. They should have one for under $50 bucks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks