Recent content by michaedt

1. michaedt

Saddle Valve Question

perfect Perfect! Thank you!
  2. michaedt

Saddle Valve Question

Thank you Thank you Finnegan! I'll give it a try.
  3. michaedt

Saddle Valve Question

I recently replaced all of my supply lines, but I still need to connect my whole-house humidifier to the water line. It looks like a 1/4" line (like my refrigerator water line). Previously, it was connected to a 3/4" cold water supply via a saddle valve. Is this the best way? Can I turn off a...
  4. michaedt

water main grid and shut-off valve

curb key Just for giggles, I looked for curb keys at Lowes in St. Louis. They were stacked in a barrel like lollipops. Since this is probably not the place where plumbers pick up their supplies (correct me if I'm wrong), I suspect that its OK for individuals to shut off their own water. Or...
  5. michaedt

location of new shut-off

Thank you Thank you all for very helpful, detailed, and informative advice.
  6. michaedt

location of new shut-off

union vs nipple What makes a dielectric nipple better than a dielectric union? Is one more likely to leak than the other?
  7. michaedt

location of new shut-off

distance The distance from the 90 to the wall is about 5 or 6 inches. The wall is stone and the home is about 75 years old.
  8. michaedt

location of new shut-off

alignment OK, a few stupid questions: 1. How do I ensure that my brass elbow points straight up when I twist it into place. 2. I assume that the brass elbow is 1" on both ends, and that the male adapter will bring me down to 3/4...is this correct? 3. I don't need a dielectric union? Will...
  9. michaedt

location of new shut-off

Wow, I'm so glad I asked. Thank you!
  10. michaedt

location of new shut-off

This is a follow-up question to my last post about replacing my main shut-off valve. I've attached a few photos of my current setup. A few weeks ago I put in a new ball valve above my old gate valve. Unfortunately, I can't stop the slow drip that I caused when I closed the old valve to put on...
  11. michaedt

found it You were all correct! I found the shut off. It was burried out by the street. I just went out with a long screwdriver and started poking around. Five minutes later I heard a thunk....gold!...well, not gold, but the cap to the water shut-off. I couldn't budge the lid. I will have the...
  12. michaedt

curb cock I'll take another look to see if there is more than one pipe. Have you ever had a problem when closing the curb cock? The water has probably not been shut off for at least 15 years.
  13. michaedt

I'm trying to shut off my water from the street. I borrowed a city shut-off key from a friend (his dad used to be a city contractor). Unfortunately, however, I'm not sure which hub shuts off my water. The only water pipes near the curb are located every third house. The one closest to me is in...
  14. michaedt

Endless debris from water heater

Thank you Thank you all so much for your great advice! I'll search for a new tank as soon as I finish work today. Thanks again!!! By the way, the tank is Gas.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks