Recent content by MiamiBorn

1. MiamiBorn

Shower riser clog caused by brown sediment in water?

The valve has been changed, so that’s fine. It is about 6 ft+ from the shower head because it’s a walk in shower with the valve is on the side wall near the opening and the shower head is on the distant wall. To get the water to that shower wall there are at least four elbows. The water has to...
  2. MiamiBorn

Only a dribble of water will come out of the shower pipe without the head. We did have a water softener that failed after more than 20 years. Could resin from that totally clog the shower riser since it has so many elbows?
  3. MiamiBorn

The softener is four years old. City water. I took some of the sediment out of the toilet tank and I’m going to let it dry. Maybe I can find out what it is and dissolve it. Long shot.
  4. MiamiBorn

We have a almost total blockage in our shower riser. I noticed that the toilets have a reddish brown sediment in the bottom. I wonder what that is and if it can accumulate over 30 years and cause this blockage. We do have a water softener.
  5. MiamiBorn

Stall shower low or no water flow clogged shower piping

I don't think that we have access to that without tearing the wall out.
  6. MiamiBorn

Thanks for the replies. We removed the valve cartridge and pushed water back from the shower head pipe and no water came out, so the problem is in the pipe to the shower. It's copper pipe on an outside concrete block wall. After I posted I saw another successful remedy. Pour CLR down the...
  7. MiamiBorn

Stall shower low or no water flow blocked shower piping We have been living with low or no water flow, no water pressure, both hot and cold in our stall master shower for a very long time. It started immediately after a burst water line from the house to the city water was repaired. Maybe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks