Recent content by megamax

1. megamax

How badly against code is this?

That's awesome! Such a great idea.
  2. megamax

Ahhh! Both comments make perfect sense to me. Thanks again Wayne, and everyone else who commented. You guys are lifesavers!
  3. megamax

Wayne! Thank you so much for the awesome comment, I completely forgot about the horizontal dry vent. (On that note, during all of this research I've been perplexed as to why a horizontal wet vent is allowed, but a horizontal dry vent isn't). I made a quick sketch of the revised plan as I...
  4. megamax

My apologies, I should have better explained the "Addition" line. That 3" line comes from an addition that was built onto the house in 1992. It has a shower, wc, lav, and laundry on it. The issue was that it ran through the headspace of what I would like to be finished space, so instead, I'm...
  5. megamax

Thank you guys for the replies! So already existing is a backflow preventer outside the house, between me and the main sewer line. But I am fond of the idea of having a backflow preventer between the basement plumbing and the rest of the house. I also have been really firing from the hip on...
  6. megamax

Ahh that's an awesome idea. Thank you for the reply. Ok it sounds like I need to re-think this entire design. I want to do it by code and proactively avoid any plumbing issues. Preferably BEFORE it's buried under concrete, haha.
  7. megamax

Thank you for the response Wayne! The "new addition" line unfortunately also has a WC on it. I could maybe spare 5-6 inches in height, but unfortunately I think that wye to transition between the lower and upper line will push the WC far enough left to be awkwardly placed (the idea was the have...
  8. megamax

Thank you for the reply! The system thankfully already has one just outside the house. Although I am looking at options for the shower drain, as any internal clog (especially at the backflow preventer) will hit the shower drain first.
  9. megamax

Shoot, okay. I appreciate the candid response. Do you see any way I could reasonably make this configuration work? The toilet and shower straddling the main line seems like a challenge. Also, I thought I had mentioned it in the original post, but it looks like I totally neglected to mention...
  10. megamax

My county follows IPC for plumbing code. My basement currently has a decent amount of concrete busted up for a separate project so I'm taking advantage of that to run plumbing for an eventual bathroom down there. I'm worried what I've done isn't to code, and would love a second opinion. In the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks