Recent content by medcaredesign

1. medcaredesign

Intermittent septic smell in house

We purchased a 35 YO house a year and a half ago. About 6-8 months ago there started to be a really bad septic odor that seemed to be coming from the upstairs guest bath. We have a septic system that was inspected thoroughly by a consultant when the house was purchased and tank was emptied at...
  2. medcaredesign

Kohler Mastershower or RiteTemp?

I posted in the shower forum but had no replies and think there is more activity in this area. Can anyone advise me - which would you install in your own shower????Thanks! Default Kohler system and valves- MasterShower or RiteTemp - which should we spec? We are spending a small fortune on...
  3. medcaredesign

Moving Laundry to garage...what to do? what to remember?

Regarding freezing - we are in Southeast Pennsylvania and first had a garage laundry in California and loved it. When we blew out our kitchen here in SE-PA into the laundry rom, we relocated the W/D to the garage and have not regretted it. It is safe from freezing to at least 12 degrees. When it...
  4. medcaredesign

Kohler system and valves- MasterShower or RiteTemp - which should we spec?

We are spending a small fortune on a curb-less shower and want to make sure plumbing is properly spec'd. My designer thinks I am too involved but I want to better understand the options. Some of these valve trims list at $1K each so I want to slowly consider and be able to accept the reality of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks