Recent content by mds

1. M

Electrical Surges/Light dimming

I am new to this so I have a few questions. If I can "measure very small changes in the incoming AC" then will that allow my electrical system to avoid the dimming of the lights when the A/C condensers kick in? Thanks, MDS
  2. M

Recirculating pump - Noise in pipes

What does the check valve do? How would that impact on the noise that I described? Thanks, MDS
  3. M

Water flow - Is it the faucet?

Doesn't seem fair, but thanks for the feedback. MDS
  4. M

Is there anything I can do about it short of replacing the faucets? Is there are way to reduce or eliminate the restrictors? Thanks, MDS
  5. M

When you say "check valve" - what valve? At which location? Sorry, but I don't know much about this. Thanks, MDS
  6. M

What does an air scoop do and where would it be? Would it be at the water heater or elsewhere in the piping for the recirculating pump? Thanks, MDS
  7. M

Electrical Surges/Light dimming

Is is normal to have electrical dips/surges in a house? I remodeled the entire house 3 years ago. I upgraded the electrical service to 200Amps, put in a new HVAC system, etc. When the A/C and heating (and maybe the washer/dryer, can't quite remember) kick in, there is a dimming of the lights in...
  8. M

I did a major remodel and some of the faucets have good water flow, but many have suboptimal water flow. My plumber says it is the plumbing fixtures, not the pipes (all redone in copper) or any installation issues. I don't know how to assess this and I don't know how to fix it (short of...
  9. M

I have a recirculating pump in my two story house. My master bathroom is at the other end of the house from the hot water heater. There is a noise emanating from the attic above the master bathroom that is a mechanical noise (e.g. consistent pace) that happens daily, but especially in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks