Recent content by Mdenglund

1. Mdenglund

Condensate pump takeaway line 'issues'

Thanks, all! Vinyl or PVC it is... my rise is good per my pump spec and I'll work a slope in as much as possible with the new run. I appreciate all of the replies!
  2. Mdenglund

Thanks for the thought... after looking again last night, I was thinking the same thing (partially because the neutralizer won't fit well there and could surface more issues). And, the copper just makes me nervous completely hidden in a long span. Because our entire basement has the ceiling...
  3. Mdenglund

Thank you, Jim! You confirmed my suspicion on the acidic water and have increased my urgency in installing my DIY neutralizer I made a few months back (followed these instructions - ). While I was worried about what I could see, I am much more worried about the 20 feet of copper in the finished...
  4. Mdenglund

Hi All - You have been of great support with past questions, so I thought I would give a few more a shot... My water alarm went off near my condensate pump (now wired into furnace, but I left alarm there, thankfully). Turns out I had a pinhole in the flexible copper right in front of the...
  5. Mdenglund

Consensate pump line

Thank you both! I will certainly look into the condensate neutralizer - will save me a big headache!
  6. Mdenglund

Consensate pump line

Hi All - I have searched a bit on this, but am getting various answers so hoping for clarity - hope this is in the correct forum, please point me if not!! We have a condensate pump for our high efficiency furnace, so it operates both in winter and summer. The takeaway line clogged up a few...
  7. Mdenglund

Mansfield Anti-freeze Hose Bib - leaking again after winter

Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I will take a look at the slope, replace the washers/etc., and see if I can try a more involved fall-time shut down after this summer in hope it won't be a problem next yr again!
  8. Mdenglund

I opened up on the bib side to drain the water after I tured off the feed, but did close it before winter. Do you leave it open? Without water in there, I didn't think it would be an issue to close it again. Gary - to respond to your question, I did disconnect the hose. Sorry I left that...
  9. Mdenglund

Hi All, Last summer, my Mansfield Anti-freeze Hose Bib was leaking out of the bottom of the handle when the hose was on. I replaced all of the parts with the replacement part kit they sell. All worked wonderfully for the summer, no leaks and lots of use. Even though it is freeze-proof, I...
  10. Mdenglund

Bathroom sink - cold water mixes into hot??

Hi, I am hoping for some thoughts on a problem with our bathroom sink before I start taking it apart in an attempt to find the problem…! It is a Kohler faucet, single handle. When hot water is turned on, it does not get hot. Here are a few specific things I have noticed: - The water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks