Recent content by MCU

1. MCU

Redoing shower drain and need feedback from plumbers if it will drain properly

don't mean to sound impatient but I would like to get this done so I can go on to building my floor and shower. Please guys, let me know what I should do to correct it. I understand that you all say it's an S-trap, but I don't understand what is making it a strap and how to make it a p-trap thanks
  2. MCU

The hole in the joist is 2 1/2" on a 9 1/2" joist. i think the pic is giving the illusion its much bigger. Thanks for all the help guys. I was going with how it was done before. Will it work this way and just not pass today's code, or do I need to redo everything down to the drain?
  3. MCU

so in Washington you need to vent each and every fixtures seperately? Like you said maybe it's done differently here or maybe just had a bad plumber than did it initially when the house was built. so if this is not going to get inspected, would it still work well the way it's done now? I just...
  4. MCU

the middle one is a bidet not a lav. If you look at the first pic of post # 18, at the very end you see the 3" draining with a Y (wye) and the vent going up along the wall through the attic. Is that vent not venting the shower and bidet also?
  5. MCU

Here is the pic showing the complete line and also the shower p-trap and vent. I removed the 2nd 45 on the shower drain and it barely clreas the ceiling but it will once I screw the drywall in place with no bump.
  6. MCU

anyone please suggest how i can do it properly or a little diagram please?
  7. MCU

well the bottom of the 3" is about 1/4" above the forence on the below ceiling and the bottom of the ptrap is just about the same also. The first pic makes it look much higher but in the 2nd you will see what I am talking about. Here is a look at how the line is to give you a better idea. At the...
  8. MCU

yes the toilet is after the shower drain...at the end of the line. This is the way it was when it was built 20 years ago. So how would I do this properly on the shower p-trap while keeping it above the ceiling? From what I understand the lowest point of the p-trap must be lower than the lowest...
  9. MCU

i didn't hack the bottom of the joist. i used an angle driver with hole saw. which one are you refering to?
  10. MCU

not quite sure i follow here...anyway I could ask you guys to draw a quick diagram of how you recommend I do it? I have two 45s...first is to bring the line parallel with the joist and 2nd is to elevate it a bit for a slope but mostly to lift the ptrap above the ceiling below as bluebinky...
  11. MCU

The vent is actually a 3" vent on the 3" stack . The toilet, a bidet and tub is on the same line . It was this way before and seemed to work great, I just relocated the shower to the next joist cavity and being how it was tight I had to make the p-trap that way and was wondering if It would be...
  12. MCU

Hi, I am redoing the master shower and had to relocate the 2" drain which leads into a 3" stack. All ABS. I tried to make the least number of turns. Please critique and let me know if you see any problems the way I did it. It will be a rainshower with jets so I need to make sure it drains...
  13. MCU

Need advice on best way to redo drain for walk in shower

i have every drill you can think of :) I am not a beginner just not a pro, every day plumber or tiler. Would you be able to send me a small diagram of how you would redo the ABS? We have a toilet, bidet and shower all on the same line next to each other. The other idea I had yesterday was...
  14. MCU

Thant makes sense Jim. I will try to level after. Would you use a self leveling cement is a bit more than 1/8? Also the backerboard manufacturer recommends either roofing nails or screws. Any beneit to using screws? I was not able to locate HD nails or screws at the local hardware shop. All...
  15. MCU

Thanks Jim. so the concrete pavers on plywood? should I glue it with PL glue since it's wood or still thinset instead? the new subfloor i am building with 2nd layer of ply and cbu will still be 1/8-3/16" lower than the existign tile. I will then tile completely over the new floor and old tile...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks