Recent content by Maylar

1. Maylar

Burnham oil fired boiler and no hot water

Turned out to be simple - there was air in the system and the pump wasn't moving water through the pipe. The service tech knew instantly by listening to the noise the pump was making. He bled the air out and all is well. Thanks for the help.
  2. Maylar

That makes sense, except why would the pipes get hot when the burner is running?
  3. Maylar

I have a Burnham oil fired boiler with a 40 gallon external tank. I've been in this house about 1-1/2 years and since this last weekend I'm not getting hot water. The circulator runs continuously unless I turn the tank's thermostat way down. The pipe between the boiler and the tank (with the...
  4. Maylar

Where's the serial number on my boiler?

Awesome. Thank you both for the help.
  5. Maylar

Indeed. There are 4 screw holes (with screws) in that spot, I figured it was the location of some controller in the past. I wonder why someone would remove it. I also wonder if Burnham has any records of sales registration. <Sigh> Thanks.
  6. Maylar

I have a Burnham boiler and separate hot water tank. My heating contractor wants to replace something he calls the "blanket", which I believe is the combustion chamber. The parts supplier, US Boiler, say they can't help me without the serial number from the boiler. I've looked everywhere for a...
  7. Maylar

Homeowner DIY

Homeowner DIY
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks