Recent content by Maxxfusion

1. Maxxfusion

Whole house surge protector

This is actually what i settled on. It arrived yesterday and i installed. I was debating between this and the FS140 that has double at 140k. But i liked the internal installation better of the 65k Boltshield.
  2. Maxxfusion

Whole house surge protector

Just had a siemens load center installed. Can you recommend a whole house surge protector to install in my panel?
  3. Maxxfusion

Refrigerator water line gets hot

My house was built in 1977. There is no ground rod that i ever saw. Now there is a concreate patio outside where the electrical panel is. I think that the panel is grounded only to the water line. Just wasnt sure if that was ok since that water line is no longer connected to the rest of the...
  4. Maxxfusion

Tested again last night and the voltage is back even with the furnance off. So back to the drawing board. Its funny you should mention the ground to the cold water pipe that comes in the house. When we moved in 20 years ago we had to have the water into the house redone. So the electrical...
  5. Maxxfusion

Talked to my bro in law today. He is a hvac guy. He said the issue is my step down transformer in my furnace. He had me test by turning off the furnance by the service switch on the unit. Then i measured the voltage again on the duct and it was gone. Once i turned it back on it came back...
  6. Maxxfusion

Everything seems cool behind the refrigerator. Everything is covered but nothing feels warm back there. This morning i found that if i put my meter on the ducts in the basement it measures between 5-10 volts. Something is transferring voltage to the duct. I need to go through the basement...
  7. Maxxfusion

Do you have a re circular? - No i dont Is the cold water pipe cold or warm? Cold. I keep checking all the lines everytime i pass to see if anything feels warm. Is the refrigerator a three wire appliance! No two prong adapter used? Its 3 Prong. the Fridge is about 3 years old.
  8. Maxxfusion

The water line runs through the floor and to valve on a cold water pipe that used to run outside to a backyard faucet for a hose. That was been remove and the pipe had an Angle valve added to accept the refrigerator water line. This was hooked up like this for months. The first braided...
  9. Maxxfusion

I can verify that the line is run to a cold water pipe.
  10. Maxxfusion

I have been having issues with my fridge water line recently. Its getting really warm. I cant seem to figure out what is going on. For a while i had a braided line running from the basement through the floor to the regfrigerator. It started leaking by a pin hole burst in a spot. The braided...
  11. Maxxfusion

Toilet Flange too high

I read through this thread. Here is some info I was looking for. **** A typical 4" solvent weld joint uses a hub depth of 1-3/4", so 1-3/4" of overlap would be best if that will fit. 1-1/2" will be fine. 1-1/4", maybe fine? 1" not sure? Those are beyond my experience. I think that I can cut a...
  12. Maxxfusion

Toilet Flange too high

I thought about this option as well. I was wondering if I could get enough depth in the 4" elbow
  13. Maxxfusion

Toilet Flange too high

Thanks. I will read through that other post later. I am also going to order the part you linked from home depot. I can return of it doesn't work. It wouldn't get here until the 11th though. I don't think I can change the pitch. If you zoom in on the photo above with the level you see the pipe...
  14. Maxxfusion

Toilet Flange too high

So do you think my best option is to order the compression fitting you linked to and use that? Should I cut the elbow even with the sub floor?
  15. Maxxfusion

Toilet Flange too high

Ya I get it. In my op you see the floor that came out. It's the old school tile with the this mortar base. Has the screen in it on top of tar paper. On the opposite side of this toilet is my main bath. It's OK there probaly because I used 1/4" hard board and tile. This bathroom is going to get...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks