Recent content by mattjd

1. mattjd

Elbow between p-trap and vent?

Many thanks. So there's no outright prohibition on having the elbow between the trap and the vent, it sounds like. I'll make sure to stick to these specs, which shouldn't be too much of a problem since I can meet the stricter guidelines.
  2. mattjd

Elbow between p-trap and vent?

I'm under the 2006 IPC but still am not sure about this vent situation after reading the code. Bathroom vanity with single sink (formerly a double). There is a vent pipe in the wall approx 16" too far over from where the sink drain is to go straight from the p-trap into it. Seeing how double...
  3. mattjd

Wet vent question

hj, Many thanks.
  4. mattjd

Wet vent question

Here's a more detailed sketch of how things are now. This is a small ranch house, so nothing upstairs. With the exception of one additional drain coming from the kitchen, this is it. Maybe I'm worrying for nothing...thought my toilet needed a separate 2" or larger vent.
  5. mattjd

Wet vent question

Oops. Sorry about that. Should show up now.
  6. mattjd

Wet vent question

Thanks nhmaster. Here is, in a nutshell, what my situation looks like: . At the bottom of the picture, the pipe goes outside the house. I'm not sure if someone re-routed the main 4" vent at some point or if it was always this way; not directly vertical. The tub has it's own 2" vent before...
  7. mattjd

Wet vent question

Thanks, I'll try that. I want to meet code requirements, but also do things the best way possible, so if this doesn't set off any alarm bells in terms of setup, I'll just verify it's OK in my locale and go from there.
  8. mattjd

Wet vent question

I'm in New Hampshire
  9. mattjd

Wet vent question

I'm replacing a toilet in my 60 year-old house and noticed the toilet isn't vented. I figured I might as well improve things and planned to tie in downstream of the bathtub exactly as pictured in the lower level of this picture. The vent is 2". The guy in the plumbing supply place was from the...
  10. mattjd

Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

This site is great. It's helpful to validate that a toilet I liked in a local showroom was decent: the Toto Soiree. But...the showroom model was a 1.6GPF but when I asked about availability, the woman made some calls and said that apparently the 1.6 is being phased out and Toto is now making...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks