Recent content by Matthew Gingras

1. Matthew Gingras

Utica SSC Modcon boiler intake moan noise

thanks for taking your time to help me. yeah, I've got the intake air piped from the outside with 3" pvc as per the manual. and yes, even with the jacket on the boiler this noise is heard; not as much inside (because the jacket is on in normal operation, and the same config when neighbor...
  2. Matthew Gingras

Bump... Maybe this wasn't clear in my first post, but this sound can also be heard from outside at the exhaust pipe also, I've been trying to get a good sound recording of this at night as this resonance propagates through, and with someone doing the same thing inside to make the sound come and...
  3. Matthew Gingras

All, need a bit of help here. I have a utica ssc modcon boiler which is EXTREMELY nice, i love it. However, it makes this "wooo," groan, moan, fog horn, etc noise from the intake venturi. But, if i slightly disrupt the incoming air, the sound disappears. the boiler is properly tuned, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks