Recent content by masterbath

1. M

Inside fit closet flange 3"

i am glad i did it. i didnt feel good about that flange i put in and everyone here backed that fear up. i was lucky that it only took me about 1 1/2 hrs to resolve. a hammer drill and dremmel tool really saved me. 1st time around i had an air hammer but didnt this time.
  2. M

i'd also like to point out that while i am happy to have a toilet, i am not too impressed with the holer memoirs. loud and gurgles. have to hold the handle down to get a good flush. seat is way too much like a chair and the hole is smaller than i would expect. going to get a new seat if...
  3. M

dang i used the wax ring that came with my memoirs toilet. maybe they used a different wax ring for yours but my Kohler memoirs came with this one and you see the measurements. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23509 had i known i would have used a wax ring without the plastic...
  4. M

toilet flange question. did i screw up?

done. went swimmingly. just have to wait for cement to set. thanks for all the good advice!
  5. M

sorry, yes it is slab, no basement. it looks like i am in luck. i just got that flange off and now remember why i did what i did. i was worn out from the never ending remodel and when i got to this i discovered that the outside of the pipe was covered in glue so i was afraid i wouldnt be able...
  6. M

well, we all got a chuckle out of this... "You will end up doing a new floor shortly! You'll be able to get it right then!" enough said, since the floor hasn't even been used yet. i will start digging tonight. i suspect i will be back before it is done with more questions. i do have one...
  7. M

is the circumference of wax rings all the same? looking at the ones i have seem to be larger than the depression in this flange. i was going to see if i can find a ring today that doesnt have the flange in it. thanks
  8. M

thanks for all the info, i knew i'd get that kind of response. i really should have gotten a plumber involved origionally but this was as many a tight budget - pay later right? here is some clarifications mispoke? most likely. i assumed it is a p-trap. i guess just the elbow. so my...
  9. M

i installed what i thought would be a workable solution but i fear i may have screwed up. i used an Oatey inside? flange because when i evaluated what i had left on my pipe, it didnt seem possible to do it any other way due to how close i had to cut back to the P-trap. this was installed a...
  10. M

Which recessed lighting over pool table?

what about moving the fan to center and using a fan/lighting arrangement. personally, i'd scrap the fan and do hanging lights - the cone type halogens or something that goes with the pool table. but i don't have much taste. or can u center the fan or will that look odd in the room? may...
  11. M

What's in a faucet?

I saw the poll - informative. My question is what is in a faucet and what do I need to look out for? I am remodeling and we have decided to go with wall mounted faucets however our budget doesnt appear to be there for any of them. I checked Kohler and found a 400.00 unit that required a 200.00...
  12. M

toilet flange questions

Thanks Gary, Good point about 3". I didnt think about the 3" making it too small. Of course I had bought one at the local Ace, told em what size it was and they still gave me a 4". I am taking it back today and get what you recommend. I think it won't be too bad because it looks like there...
  13. M

freestanding tubs

thanks. the issue is size. most are 72" or 65" but not 60". clawfoots come in 5' but didnt find any with the skirt.
  14. M

toilet flange questions

I removed my toilet in the midst of a remodel and found the flange is broken off. I am on a slab and the flange was glued to the outside of the PVC drain pipe. The inside of the drain measures 3". Is that a 3" pipe? I was considering the type of flange that slips inside but have concerns...
  15. M

freestanding tubs

sorry. i lost my site. north texas
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks