Recent content by Marty53

1. Marty53

Deep well pump pressure tank question

Thanks much for the info valveman. It is real wet down there. I think the setup is around 15 yrs old, and electrics outlasted mechanics. There isn't any real good way to vent the small basement other than a dehumidifier probably. Its a strange tank/pump setup because the outlet of the...
  2. Marty53

Deep well pump pressure tank question

Was up at fiance's family summer camp this weekend and noticed their well pump was cycling way to fast (every 15 seconds or so with water running) and knew this wasn't right. Pressure held fine on gauge when water was off. I'm pretty sure I have a waterlogged pressure tank, and I have read...
  3. Marty53

Is this kosher?

it looks a little bit like a menorah-- so probably kosher
  4. Marty53

What do you think? Lav and Shower waste and vents

What about putting a cleanout right below the fixture cross. Thats how I setup my master bath, as per a pixture terry had up of a similar setup.
  5. Marty53

How should I do this?

i think you're problem is that using the double wye in this case is necessitating many extra fittings and not giving your drainage enough slope into the drain because you have to lay the fitting flat. with two seperate 4x2 wyes you can angle both of the the 2" wye's up, and then run a 1/8 bend...
  6. Marty53

How should I do this?

combo wyes aren't the same as fixture cross fittings like the one you have installed. just break up a little more concrete on either end of the 4" pipe, use a small section of 4" pvc to connect two 4x2 wyes together and install them
  7. Marty53

How should I do this?

break up some more concrete then
  8. Marty53

AAV on shop utility sink

I don't understand, whats the point of an AAV or studor vent if you still need to vent the fixture to the roof?
  9. Marty53

How should I do this?

2 single 4x2 wyes?
  10. Marty53

Preventing sump pump discharge lines from freezing?

My folks have a real wet basement. They have two sump pumps one on each side of the basement (upstate NY). There are two outputs from the pump discharge. One is about 24" below ground level, and extends 20-30 feet out underground away from the house, then , about 3 ft above ground level there...
  11. Marty53

Ikea Braviken Sink - Need Specailized Plumbing?

i'm sure more experts will respond. But from what I've learned here, thats not a legit drain setup at all. you can't use a vent-T on its side like that, you are supposed to use a wye after the 2 individual traps. there was some reason by code that you can't install a bath sink the same was as...
  12. Marty53

How do I remove a sink drain pipe?

oh no ! the kids need clean hands. You can probably do it with a long metal cutting sawzall blade. you'll have to hold the saw right up against your tile. it won't be pretty but should be possible. doesn't have to be the neatest job on the planet to be able to get a fernco securely on...
  13. Marty53

How do I remove a sink drain pipe?

Yea I would definitely just cut off the end thats partially exposed with an angle grinder. Go at it from all sides, then grind down the nipple to flat after you are done, then just put a fernco on.. Seems like a lot of work to try to remove it when its not absolutely necessary.
  14. Marty53

Wall mount faucet flow restrictor

I just installed a set of wall mount faucets with vessel sinks. The problem is the flow rate is way too high out of the faucets at full throttle and overflows the vessel. Is there some type of washer I can get to put in the aerator section of the faucet to limit the flow? The faucets are...
  15. Marty53

Best pipe material for refrigerator water line

Terry- Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer pex for icemaker installs specifically? I thought most of you pro's normally advised against the use of pex. It seems like if you are ok with using it in one part of the house, you might as well use it in all parts? I like that box though...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks