Recent content by MarkHash

1. MarkHash

pressure switch remote location?

I didn't want to but it looks like I better mount a two pole contactor at the breaker panel instead and remote control it from the pressure switch. I do have an extra UF cable buried that I can utilize for the coil voltage. Thanks. Will a cycle stop valve stop those pesky cyclists from...
  2. MarkHash

final shower base install

Thanks T. As I recall nothing is glued yet underneath. You should see the 2 x 4, plywood and canvas shower base affair I have been using, along with the Teepee shower tent. Works but sure will be nice to have a real shower up here. I am using standard concrete block mortar, unless someone...
  3. MarkHash

pressure switch remote location?

I am starting the living quarters in the back on my lake garage project and need to get the area cleared out. I want to move the pressure tank outside to the center of the lot which would put it next to the well casing connected in reverse fashion to a freeze-less water hydrant. I know this...
  4. MarkHash

Eljer Titan....Not bad for a big box toilet.

check yours shorts after a visit to Taco Bell
  5. MarkHash

final shower base install

I am finally replacing a temporary on-slab shower base in my lake garage project. I have the trap installed in the large block out area which is surrounded by 2x6's, sand and slab insulation. I have a Jacuzzi brand plastic shower base and want to set it in mortar to make it level, firm and...
  6. MarkHash

Btw I really should change my name now as there are hash marks no more.
  7. MarkHash

ditto I installed a high rise black elong Titan to replace a 90's Eljer low flow. It is now obvious they made no effort what so ever with their original low flow "designs". This thing is amazing, works and sounds like a commercial toilet.
  8. MarkHash

Well casing ground wire connection

BTW just for info on that last question, the local inspector told me I could call it a service entrance, with no meter or grounding conductor run to it from my main breaker panel. I have to bond the bars and drive ground rods though. It was a MAJOR pain finding a bottom feed outdoor rainproof...
  9. MarkHash

Thanks for the info on the method for the bonding lug. You guys brought up some pretty interesting points. I would think the fault current would take all available paths, not just the one of least resistance, proportionally over all the resistances it sees right? Coincidentally I am installing...
  10. MarkHash

After many google searches I give up. Is there a special ground strap for the connection of the well casing to the ground wires of the pump wire circuit? My well cap is made of some sort of light alloy so it is not a candidate, nor does it have a grounding screw on it anyway. Drill a hole in...
  11. MarkHash

UF cable continuing down the well

Yeah I have been "hashing" over this in my head. Also, since there would be no splice at the top I have been going thru in my head how I would lay it out for insertion into the well given the remainder is in a coil buried right up next to the standpipe. It IS a 220 volt, I can read charts and...
  12. MarkHash

Cableguards

My well has 35' of steel 6" casing then sandstone down to around 120'. With advice received here I plan on suspending the pump at around 100'. After reading about stuck pumps, with cableguards and torque arresters being possible causes I am wondering how frequent they should be spaced down the...
  13. MarkHash

1/2 hp, 100' depth, plus 100' to breaker. Chart in the manufacturer's pump manual says over 400' with that setup. 300' with 3/4 hp, 250' with 1hp. 1hp is only 760 watts. Or will I run into problems during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere? Motor startup will be three times the current...
  14. MarkHash

My chart says my 14 gauge is good for my motor rating and distance, I have enough left over for the drop down the well casing, the 14 gauge UF is surprisingly flexible, why not just measure it off, cut it and continue down the well with it? This is assuming I can separate the UF material...
  15. MarkHash

Flow switch for dry running protection

Valveman, can you point me to a link for such an apparatus? I've installed (previous job) sewage wetwells with hi/low/emer floats, dual pumps, and pump cycling timers, but i've never heard of a mechanical "toilet type" combination level control and shutoff valve on the scale that would fill a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks