Recent content by Mark111

1. Mark111

water very hot even on vacation setting

I suppose I could just shut off the gas when no one is there. It is a brand new heater and I want to make sure that it is working correctly. I can't figure out why it is getting hot when the thermostat is turned all the way down. I just checked it today after letting it cool yesterday and...
  2. Mark111

Thanks. I recently installed a honeywell tempering valve on my other water heater (different house) and it works very well. This is the second thermostat for this heater and it still has the problem. The unusual thing is that when the thermostat is on Vacation setting and the tank fills...
  3. Mark111

I had a new gas water heater installed about 6 months ago, Lochnivar LTN040G. This is at a house that is only being used about half the year. I turned the thermostat down to Vacation when no one was living there, but noticed that the water at the tap is still very hot (It hurts to even put my...
  4. Mark111

help with subpannel

Thanks for the replies. You are correct the HVAC subpannel is fed by 2 hots and a ground. If I move all the 110 volt circuits to the main pannel and leave the 60 amp breaker in the HVAC pannel will that be acceptable as the air handler disconnect? The air handler is about 4 feet away from the...
  5. Mark111

help with subpannel

We recently bought a 1950's house that had an addition done in 2004. At that time the electrical service was relocated and upgraded to 200A. It seems as if the old main pannel located in the attached garage was converted to a subpannel fed off a 100A breaker in the main pannel. There was also...
  6. Mark111

toilet sprayed water during sewer cleaning

I came home today and the city was cleaning the sewer on our street. Two toilets were empty, I could hear the noise from the cleaning machine from the toilet and there was water all over the floor and walls of the bathroom. The toilets are working normally. I assume everything is OK, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks