Recent content by Mariner

1. Mariner

Iron staining, Sulfur smell, water options

I have just been reading this thread and thought I might make a comment. I too, am on a well which is 350 ft deep. The well was already installed when I bought this proerty seven years ago (older home about 1965'ish). I have both water filters and a water softener. My cold water smells yet...
  2. Mariner

Well water pump line end check valve aarrangement

Just a follow up to the above. I was pleasantly surprised to find the small air valve turned out easily - I was expecting to have to drill and tap to put in the plug. The valve body was completely covered in rust from the metal cover over the valve itself - the cover came apart in my hands as I...
  3. Mariner

Hi guys, Thanks for your replies. You have pretty much confirmed what I thought this might be. I have some 1/8" NPT brass plugs, so I will go ahead and fit the brass pluc. The pressure tank is fitted with a bladder - I am pretty sure that is the case. So plugging off that small connection...
  4. Mariner

Hi Guys, Have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be able to help me with. The house end of the well pump plastic (1" diameter ?) inlet water line, has a brass/bronze check valve arrangement on it. From the check vale the water goes to the pressure switch and to the pressure tank...
  5. Mariner

New well completed -- Please review water test results

Mike, One point worth mentioning is that the RO units use a lot of water - especially during membrane cleaning. If your mother is on a septic system then the RO couild prove to be problematic - depending on the septic system type. Just a thought as most people do not realize the total water...
  6. Mariner

Iron Bipfouling/softener issues?

Hi, WHat everyone else has said. There are a few people who deal with and sell water softeners. These people will help you out and can point you in the right direction, once they have mor detail of your situation - especially water test results, as everything will hinge on what the water...
  7. Mariner

Expansion tanks

Just a quick note to say thanks to all that have taken the trouble to answer my question. It is great that the forum members are so quick to help out where possible. Much appreciated - thank you mariner
  8. Mariner

Expansion tanks

Hi Guys, Thanks for the comments thus far. The inlet piping is going to be increased in size - that was already on the books. What I was interested in is using another expansion tank ($40) making two in the system, as opposed to putting a larger pressure tank ($$$'s)in the system - to...
  9. Mariner

Expansion tanks

Hi, Please bear with me on this as I am not quite clear about the expansion tank issue. First, my water supply is from a well, it comes into the house through a check valve and then into a pressure tank at a tee in the line. The water also goes through filter and softener and then to the...
  10. Mariner

Kenmore Delux Home Drinking Water System

I did a bit of telephoning this morning after opening the unit up. To replace the two filters plus the membrane inner cost $188 + tax here in Canada. I can get a complete new unit for around $300 plus tax. So yes Jimbo, you beat me to it. I needed to check to satisfy myself on what to do. For...
  11. Mariner

Hi Jimbo, Yes, there is a small tank probably about the size you mentioned (15" dia and about 20" long). It is out of the picture, but there is one there. There is also a small drain from the unit, that goes into the waste pipe and is held in place with the hose clamp. As you can see, the two...
  12. Mariner

Hi Guys, Don't know if this would be the right forum for my questions - if not, maybe someone could redirect me. Here goes. I bought an older home nealy three years ago and have, what I was told was a RO under sink unit. Well, I haven't used it and the water supply has been switched off...
  13. Mariner

Water heater dip tube length?

Thanks HJ, That is exactly what I have - wasn't sure about the tank lining though. I did manage to find out that the elements were an odd size so I just hope I can get a bit more mileage out of the thing. I want to replace the dip tube as I seem to run out of hot water fairly quickly and I...
  14. Mariner

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes I did go to Plumbing Wholesalers who sell to the public too - at different prices of course. The town where I live is around 85,000 population so there aren't too many places to shop. Went to two "real plumbing places"and two big box stores. One wholesaler...
  15. Mariner

Hi, Spent quite a bit of time trying to get a new dip tube today and everything I saw was just 26" long or so. I have a 175 litre or 45 imperial gallon water heater and would like to replace the dip tube - I am going to do the drain valve and TP valve as well. I think I might make one out of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks