Recent content by MarcH

1. M

Kitchen Remodel Circuit ?'s

Thank you all for the helpful info. My main question was how many countertop outlets per circuit. I know the frustration about living in an older home, ours was built in 1914 and there's only two outlets in the kitchen right now. The project is coming along great! Wiring completed in the...
  2. M

Kitchen Remodel Circuit ?'s

I am remodeling my kitchen and am planning on putting four kitchen counter outlets on one circuit, the stove, fridge, and dishwasher on one circuit, and four can lights and the under cabinet lights on one circuit. Does this sound like a good plan with the typical load of a kitchen? Thanks for...
  3. M

Overflowing Washer Drain

Me too. I don't have a cleanout on my main line so I'm considering cutting one in and my wife borrowed her parents 1" 100' snake. I put the bacteria down last night, but haven't gotten up the nerve to try the washer yet. Going to have to today, like you, clothes are piling up.
  4. M

Overflowing Washer Drain

The "bugs" I was referring to are bacteria that we can get from a friend of ours who has hogs. It's a pit remedy that he pours in his pits at the end of his barns and they eat all of the manure and solid organics in the pit so they can be pumped into the lagoon. So far we can use all of the...
  5. M

Overflowing Washer Drain

What did you end up doing with your drain Intrepid?
  6. M

Overflowing Washer Drain

The main line isn't 100 yrs old. PVC wasn't around back then, probably updated 6-7 yrs ago. Sounds like a partial blockage, get a bigger snake? Snaked with a 3/8 25' snake and didn't get stopped, but there were a few times where I had to work it back and forth. When I pulled it out had some...
  7. M

Overflowing Washer Drain

Built in 1914. When the first load drained last night the toilet gargled, when the second load drained and the toilet gargled I plungered the toilet. The when the third load went to drain it backed up. There isn't a cleanout for the main 4" line so I was thinking of having a plumber come in...
  8. M

Overflowing Washer Drain

I have a similar problem as Intrepid, however, my drains are all PVC, the main line out of my house is SCH 40 4" PVC, and it has a good slope, it just started backing up last night while my wife was doing her third load of laundry. Could a 4" drain need snaked? I just have a hard time...
  9. M

Deep Well Not Pumping

Thanks a lot Rancher, the only thing wrong with my pump was that it had lost it's prime. I had it up and runnning in five minutes, again thanks.
  10. M

Deep Well Not Pumping

Thanks a lot Rancher for the advice! I will do some investigating on the Internet and see what I can find.
  11. M

Deep Well Not Pumping

What additional information are you needing? The motor will turn on, but the pump itself doens't work. The day before we would turn the motor on and the pump would kick right in and start pumping water. The next day the motor turned on, but the pump isn't pumping. Could the motor have become...
  12. M

Deep Well Not Pumping

Dayton Electric Motor Company is the only name I can find on my pump. We turn the pump on manually because it is only hooked up to our spigots and barn. When we need to water animals in the barn or water the garden we turn the pump on and turn it off when we are done. Our home is on city...
  13. M

Deep Well Not Pumping

:confused: My wife turned on our deep well pump and used it with no problems on Saturday. I went to turn it on on Monday and the motor came on and only spun, but wasn't pumping any water. I live with in view of a river and I have several ponds on my property so the water table is very high...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks