Recent content by MaplesonD

1. MaplesonD

Helping a neighbor put together a softener they want to self-install - supply sources?

Yeah, this. I'm not holding myself out as any sort of expert, far from it. I'm just a little more comfortable with the internet and have used this forum as a source of good info. I got a good recommendation here for a pro to install my system (Russ Lemacks, allcleanwater) but he since seems to...
  2. MaplesonD

Helping a neighbor put together a softener they want to self-install - supply sources?

I am helping a close neighbor with information on water softeners. They've gotten a few quotes and to save money, they want to self-install (pretty handy with plumbing, etc.) The system will be pretty simple, sediment filter (looking at the atlas hydra spindown) & water softener components. Is...
  3. MaplesonD

Update on Brine refill problems, more questions

Ok guys, I installed a new float assembly, and successfully made it through a brine fill. Two things: I didn't have the brass tube stay, but never have had it as far as I know, how important is that little piece? It didn't seem to fill up the tank as far as it has in the past, I'm not sure if...
  4. MaplesonD

Yeah, in the other thread, you were actually the one to point out that I appeared to have a Genesis brine tank safety valve and float assembly, It appeared to have a washer or something that had rusted. Where should I source a new Fleck float assembly, any recommendations and about how much...
  5. MaplesonD

Yeah, when I watched the cycle, the cam and brine valve looked to be in their appropriate positions, there was no wear on the cam. Good call, when I did this, the water continued to flow for the entire duration of BF. So does this now indicate that I need to change the brine valve assembly, or...
  6. MaplesonD

Hey guys, Here's my previous post where I asked about how to troubleshoot my problem with unsuccessful brine tank refill. At that point I was too focused on the float mechanism even though you correctly told me that had nothing to do with it. After manually putting water in the brine tank after...
  7. MaplesonD

Not using salt, brine well doesn't seem to fill?

Yeah, those definitely sound very similar to my issue. So, i went down to watch the BF step and it did fill the brine tank most of the way, though it stopped with about 2 minutes left and it wasn't filled quite enough to have lifted the float significantly. I'm not sure how this float mechanism...
  8. MaplesonD

Gonna find out in about 45 minutes. I just checked it in the middle of the brine draw step and it successfully sucked up all the brine, so I'm going to recheck it during the brine fill step and see if it fills back up. But to really answer your question, no, there apparently wasn't water in the...
  9. MaplesonD

Since I've let the water sit in the salt for a few hours, after the kids take their bath, I'm going to do a manual regeneration to see what happens, even though I don't think I've really fixed anything. It seems like its most likely that there's something wrong with the safety float assembly I...
  10. MaplesonD

Thats definitely an identical assembly, it appears I have the Genesis safety float assembly. I do have a Fleck 7000 SXT valve though. I'm assuming the guy who installed it usually used the genesis assembly with a different valve. At the time, due to reading on this forum and elsewhere, I...
  11. MaplesonD

thats the bottom, I moved the float up to get it out of the way, you can just see the bottom of the float in the top of the image (I reoriented the image to make more sense)
  12. MaplesonD

ok, so I followed those videos to put the valve into bypass and depressurize, then looked at and cleaned the screen and injector, they both seemed fine. I put it back into service, skipped through the regeneration steps to get to the brine refill, and it still wouldn't fill the brine tank. I...
  13. MaplesonD

Hey guys, I recently noticed that I havn't been using much salt and finally tested my water and realized the softener isn't doing its job. I did a manual regeneration cycle (fleck 7000sxt) and it didn't throw any errors that I'm aware of, but looking in the brine tank, the float was all the way...
  14. MaplesonD

Silica etching glasses

Nope, not trying to spend time and money fruitlessly, this is exactly why I came here, to get feedback from knowledgeable people in order to avoid that, so I truly appreciate it. But yeah, we started using the rinse agent, can't tell that it does much, but we started using it after we noticed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks