Recent content by mannerofspeakin

1. mannerofspeakin

ball valve problems

Ok, still not fixed. I ended up cutting the valve out after trying to unsolder for too long. What I have left is one of the 90s completely off. Came off while unsoldering and the other side I have the 90 intact. Now the problem is the 1/2 inch 90 fittings I purchased to reinstall do not fit...
  2. mannerofspeakin

ball valve problems

YEs water is off and drained. The only nut I see is that pictured which only holds the handle itself on. The leak is coming from the body of the valve. You can see the leak to the left of the handle in the picture. I don't think there is any way to do maintenance on it. If it was unsoldered...
  3. mannerofspeakin

Flexible insulated duct

Thanks. It is 9 inches. Are there some ways to convert current opening to something more common ? Like an adapter or something ?
  4. mannerofspeakin

ball valve problems

Thanks. About how long with the torch should it take to loosen the 90's sufficiently ? What type of torch do you recommend ? I am using a minibutane and it does not seem to be heating sufficiently.
  5. mannerofspeakin

Flexible insulated duct

House built in 1990. Need to replace a run of flexible duct work. The ductwork that needs replacing has a "9'" stamped on it next to its manufacturer information on the outside, which should mean 9 inch duct right ? I guess my trouble is that I can't find 9 inch flexible duct easily or at...
  6. mannerofspeakin

ball valve problems

Ball valve is leaking from body of ball valve. It is soldered on to copper pipe. (See pictures attached). I think I need to cut the valve out and replace. The problem is if I cut out the valve then I do not have long enough pipe to put in a new valve. The pipe after cutting put the valve is...
  7. mannerofspeakin

One-handle

Resurrecting an oldie but a goodie. Same model of Eljer here (same as picture at top of thread). The link given shows discontinued model pre-1993 and then the current model post 1993. Would the cartridge from the new version fit/work in old version ? Old version is at least two parts while...
  8. mannerofspeakin

No Hot water from shower head

Tried the valve shut offs at all the various outlets. No change. Could a low flow aerated shower head by causing the problem ? Maybe causing back pressure or something.
  9. mannerofspeakin

Actually I have done the first part. Water gets hot again when diverted back to spout. I have tried various shower heads> They have been both low flow and regular shower heads and work fine on other shower
  10. mannerofspeakin

Ok. But I am getting hot water to the shower. just not when diverted to shower head.
  11. mannerofspeakin

I will try these things shortly. Must add that all of above is with knob turned all the way to hot. Never in middle. Turning to middle makes it colder then luke warm.
  12. mannerofspeakin

Abandoned Irrigation system

Just purchased a second home. Yard was trenched to add an irrigation system and some but not all trenches have pvc pipe in them and even some have been capped at specific irrigation sprinkler head locations. For whatever reason they never finished. Trenches were not filled back in. However...
  13. mannerofspeakin

There is no water from spout when the diverter is engaged to move water to shower head so to answer your question I would say no. But I may not understand what you are asking. Hot at tub spout, engage diverter then all water goes to shower head where water gets lukewarm quickly.
  14. mannerofspeakin

Master bedroom tub/shower faucet. Water at spout is plenty hot but when diverter is engaged the water comes out of shower head hot for a very short period of time (less than 30 seconds) and then goes to lukewarm. Have used different shower heads with no change. The sink just after the shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks