Recent content by manintrees

1. manintrees

Water On Floor Around Toilet

Maybe someone needs target practice?
  2. manintrees

Can anyone please ID this weird pipe configuration?

That's what I'll do, thanks. I am 99% sure it's a vent as no water has ever come out of it. My only concern is that it is a functional vent (albeit in a very stupid place). If it is functioning as a vent I guess I have some drywall work ahead of me. BTW, is a gym cap just a permanent ABS cap...
  3. manintrees

Info on homeopathy

Samuel Hahnemann was a German physician. In the late 1700's, all medical conditions were believed to be caused by an imbalance in the four basic bodily humors: blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile. Conventional medical practice was to attempt to equalize these humors by such practices as...
  4. manintrees

Can I concrete around ABS?

What a weird and fortunate coincidence. I assumed that something was needed so I wrapped the pipes in sill gasket a few days ago. I posted the thread to see if that would suffice. Thanks guys.
  5. manintrees

Thanks a bunch. This is a great site!
  6. manintrees

Thanks for the quick reply guys. There is no room for me to photograph the other side so I will attempt an explanation. The big pipe in the back is my main stack. It goes up through the subfloor and out of sight. Here is a diagram. Thanks a ton for any response.
  7. manintrees

Not computers, just stuff....and who gives a bleep

They threw out the plumbing then brought in a plumber!
  8. manintrees

Bath tub faucet

Can you solder on an extension?
  9. manintrees

I am building a bathroom in an unfinished basement and have removed a chunk of the slab to put in a shower and toilet. I have roughed in the plumbing and was wondering what I should do when it is time to pour the concrete. Should I wrap the ABS in something so the concrete doesn't contact it...
  10. manintrees

I recently bought a house and the basement is unfinished. I was checking out the plumbing and cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on here. The 2 inch pipe is connected to what I assume is a vent and is not capped. Is this some kind of 'cheater vent' thing done by a hack or what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks