Recent content by madpenguin

1. M

Becoming an Electrician?

I'd recommend the IEC program myself... http://www.ieci.org/index.mv?screen=BecElect&xsub=1 2 nights a week in-class for 4 years along with on-the-job training with an electrical contractor til your journeyman certified. Do one more year for a total of 5 and take another test and you can...
  2. M

Main lug as a primary service panel

Thanks for the replies. I've already decided that's the course of action to take. Can't legally pull the meters and no disconnect means I'd have to disconnect/tape each leg and work hot. Not really comfortable doing that. But just for curiosities sake, would anyone care to comment on what's...
  3. M

Main lug as a primary service panel

Greets all. This might get a little complicated trying to explain but I'll do my best... I live in an old house that is split up into 4 units. The service panels are in pretty bad shape IMO. 3 units have been upgraded with newer panels but one unit still has a circa 1920's "lever" disconnect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks