Recent content by Macki

1. Macki

Moving under slab water pipes

Perfect, not sure why I had not thought about a braze joint. That makes it easy enough.
  2. Macki

Unfortunately no pictures until I tear down the wall. The soft copper is run under the concrete slab and simply arcs up through the concrete, through the sole plate and into the wall where it has fittings attached for the supply valves. The wall is being moved straight back 12”, making the...
  3. Macki

I need to move a washer hot and cold supply that comes through the slab about 12”. It is 12” further away from its source, not closer to it. I suspect there is not going to be enough soft copper that is there already to just cut the concrete and bend it and have enough left to keep it above...
  4. Macki

Relocating under slab copper

I need to move a washer hot and cold supply that comes through the slab about 12”. It is 12” further away from its source, not closer to it. I suspect there is not going to be enough soft copper that is there already to just cut the concrete and bend it and have enough left to keep it above...
  5. Macki

Bailing mud out of a well

My number were a little bit off. The well is 380' , perforated from 180 to 280 , 1/8" cuts, 3 cuts per foot. I had the pump replaced earlier this summer. They sounded the well and found that the water level had dropped a fair bit, and that the pump had mud right below it at 280'. I would like...
  6. Macki

According to the drillers report it is caesd down to the bottom. I am not sure where it is perforated. I will try to scare up the report again to see what it says.
  7. Macki

It is cased down to 485'
  8. Macki

I am going to need to bail out my well down to 485' from where the pump sits at 385' why it wasnt set at the bottom is up for debate. The 1 hp pump should be able to handle the additional depth without issue. It was likely a cheap out thing with the original installer, and it worked for 20...
  9. Macki

Problem with QD control box with pumpsaver

That is a fine idea for next time!
  10. Macki

just to update, I did get a contactor installed on the float switch. I works very well. I also got the new float switch installed. I pulled the old switch apart, which had water inside. I was amazed that it worked at all. The contacts were very corroded. This solved the low voltage issues with...
  11. Macki

Unfortunately everybody carries a pump down, NO, sewage sump switch, but nobody carries a NC pump up switch. This is especially odd since there arent any sewer sumps here. I did pick up a new one from the local well guy. I have not installed it yet, I am waiting for my contactor to arrive...
  12. Macki

He well pump has been working very well. Until today. My floar swtch sank. I see a small crack where the cord enters. I guess it didnt like hanging dry in the hot tank over the summer. And of course, its the weekend, so I doubt I will be able to find one until next week.
  13. Macki

Thanks, I couldnt quite remember about the water column issue, as it is not in my normal line of work. I turned the pump off, closed the gate valve, pulled the plug at the top of the well head, and opened the gate valve. It seems to flow fine, so no partial blockage from a bad gate valve. I...
  14. Macki

I was able to peek through a mounting hole and see that it is one green light blinking in time with the clicking. Not sure if it is the run light or the cal light. The pump is not in demand, the liquid level in the well is fine. I have not taken an amp draw (dead batt in my digital multimeter)...
  15. Macki

i recently had my 20 yo 1hp sub pump replaced. During installation there was a QD control box with a little fuse pumpsaver installed. These components were made to go together, not some cobbled together piece. When my pump shuts off there sounds to be a relay clicking. I suspect it is a trouble...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks