Recent content by m3rdpwr

1. m3rdpwr

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

Yeah, I noticed those reviews looked strange too.
  2. m3rdpwr

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

My Eljer PF2 lasted about 8-10 years before the hinge cracked. It still worked, but I had heard good things about the Sloan flush replacement body, and hey it was cheaper and easier to fix it than replace and try to dispose of the toilet. I replaced the guts with a Sloan unit and it still had...
  3. m3rdpwr

PF/2 repair parts for Eljer Aqua Saver

I bought mine a year or two ago. Install is simple and it works no differently. Sloan does have a good warranty and tech staff as I contacted them with a problem which turned out to be something else. My daughter or wife dropped something in the toilet and flushed it. Never told me, so I...
  4. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

So I did some real close investigation on the floor near the toilet. lol I notice on the back side corner that the tiles aren't all leveled really well with each other like my old floor. Either that, or something weird is up. So, I think the best course of action is to use the waxless...
  5. m3rdpwr

New Forced air heat/ a/c concerns due to water heater.

My joists are 2x6 I believe, not 2x8, but I plan on R19 and probably an R38. I've debated on the blow in iso, but it's something I'd have to hire out and I'm not sure the cost differance. Thanks for all your time, you've been more than patient with me. lol -Mario
  6. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

Thanks Gary. Picked one up yesterday, although the design looks a little differant from the manuals online. Perhaps a revision made. -Mario
  7. m3rdpwr

Wow Dana, that's a ton of info. Thank you for taking the time. I have to decrypt some of the info you have provided, but it's all good. You hot the nail on the cantilevered area, although I can only get to a small area of it due to finished ceilings. The previous owner of my home and...
  8. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

Hey Gary, what you posted in not the same as I thought. I googled the gasket you mentioned. Throw away the instructions meaning what? :) -Mario EDIT: I found the directions and it mentions there may be problems if the drain has a 90 degree bend and I know mine does shortly after goind...
  9. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

Hey guys. I thought a sealant wasn't advised in case it did leak you would know before it rott the floor out. Did I understand incorrectly?
  10. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

I went to Home Depot as I had a credit, otherwise I go to Lowe's normally. Both are a short distance from my home. HD had a house brand, not sure what Lowe's carries. Although the package said 40% more wax than "x" brand. Waxless? Do you mean the rubber ones? I heard those were aweful, if...
  11. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

Bummer, the only thick rings have the inserts. I'll give it another go. I bought two rings just in case.
  12. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

Not sure what to do than. I'll buy the double thick wax gasket this time around. And maybe grow a backbone and tighten the bolts a wee bit more. Just annoys me that when I put this toilet in 7 years ago, it never had the problem. Now with the new floor and height, it has happened twice...
  13. m3rdpwr

Toilet flange issue.

So before the rotting floor was replaced in my bathroom, the toilet flange sat above the tile floor and I never had an issue that I remember. When the new subfloor and tile was installed, the toilet flange was flush with the floor. Twice now I have had to replace the wax ring due to my own...
  14. m3rdpwr

One other thing I should have mentioned is that the bedrooms over the garage are at the opposite end of the house. Those vents don't get much airflow coming out of them. I've tried messing with the vent's around the house but not much differance. Even tried wiring the blower from medium to...
  15. m3rdpwr

Thanks for taking the time everyone. Hey Dana, thanks. The house is raised ranch ~2000 sq ft with the garage (also R7 I think) underneith two of the 3 bedrooms, so let's call it 1750 sq ft living area. The house is built on a slope, so half the height of the basement is underground. I'm in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks