Recent content by lybush

1. L

Hot Water tank - Electric

Thanks, all. I believe I have all the information I need to tackle the job. You have been extremely helpful and I appreciate your knowledge and expertise. Len
  2. L

No, Sir. I just own a regular V/a/ohm meter. Even with the power on I should be able to touch the ends of the elements and see if voltage is there. But that would only tell me if the Thermostat is on and calling for heat. I wouldn't learn much if neither is calling for heat. But, is it...
  3. L

Thanks for the link to the heater element wrench. Also, from 'HJ' response: It sounds like the heater elements can be changed WITHOUT draining the tank. Is that correct??? In addition, one response says that I may use elements of greater wattage taht came with the system. I have #10 wire...
  4. L

Thanks for all the useful informatiom. The tank is about 6 years old and we haven't done a think with it besides using the hot warm it produces. Nothing unusual happened. I just began to notice that in the mornings the water was not as warm as usual. So, I thought an element or thermostat...
  5. L

We have an electric 40 gal. hot water tank in our garage and I believe something could be wrong with it. In the mornings, the water temp. seems a lot cooler than usual. This has been going on for quite a while and is not due to the colder water in the winter. We have two elements: 2500 watts...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks