Recent content by lray882

1. lray882

Electric Wire Size for Submersible Pump

Thanks, valveman. I have a setup like your picture (cycle stop valve). It works great. I have moved it to the garage. It was set temporarly at the well head during construction.
  2. lray882

Electric Wire Size for Submersible Pump

I currently have a Franklin J Class Series V Submersible Pump 1HP 15GPM 230 Volt (2 Lead Wires + Grd.) I am using 14/2 Flat Submersible Cooper Wire with ground. The pump is 190' down the well from the surface. I was told that the wire is good for 250'. After building my house the new...
  3. lray882

Submersible Pump Size

Is it better to get a CSV that is adjustable? Looks like the pside kick package have one that does not. Should the poly pipe be one piece. Looks like Lowes store sales them in 100' rolls. I guess the plastic barb fittins are a no no? I am asking because I do not want to have to remove this...
  4. lray882

Submersible Pump Size

Valveman, what is the "1) 4 X 30 shroud (if applicable)" you are referring to? Thanks
  5. lray882

Submersible Pump Size

Thanks everyone for your comments. I forgot to tell the well water level is 50' from ground surface and the ground is level from well to proposed house. I have never used the CSV system. I do not know how available it is here in Middle Tennessee. Looks like a good idea. I was hoping to not...
  6. lray882

Submersible Pump Size

Would someone give me an idea of what size submersible pump and pressure tank I need. Also, pipe size in well and to the pressure tank. The well is 200' deep. The house will be 50' away. I plan to install the pressure tank in the garage. The house will have three bathrooms and one will be...
  7. lray882

What setup do I need for distance

Current is at the well already. I have 220 volt submersible pump in a 80 deep well currently serving another house. Are you saying run 1.25" pipe to the new house? I was wondering if a second pressure tank and pump would be required to provide pressure at the new home.
  8. lray882

What setup do I need for distance

If I build a house where I have choose it would be 1000' from the well and pump and an elevation difference of 40 ft up. What would I need to bring water and pressure to the new house from the existing pump and well? Thanks
  9. lray882

New Submersible Pump Not Running

I think it is ok. Current was not left on, but few seconds each try.
  10. lray882

Problem solved. I did not have 230volts, but 110volts on each lead. Thanks to all.
  11. lray882

No low pressure switch with lever. I have the switch wired as the diagram showed. The two lead in power wires on the outside and the two wires to the pump on the inside (middle). Bare ground from power supply to metal. Ground wire from pump to metal.
  12. lray882

Thanks I did use the heat shrink at the connection near the pump. I have not found my meter, yet. Can someone tell me exactly what I am looking for and how to test with a meter? If I have two hot wires from the main box why would it not be 220V? Thanks
  13. lray882

Two wire 240 volt Submersible pump, Well is 80 feet deep and 240 volts supply. Double pole Breaker (20amp) and wires are new (14ga down well). 30 amp Switch box is new at pump house. Pressure switch is new. Everything is new except the 1 1/4" pipe down well. This my second new pump in a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks