Recent content by LouRocco

1. LouRocco

lav sink trim fix

Hi All, A friend asked me to fix a broken trim ring around a lavatory sink. I've never seen a sink like this, not that I've seen that many. It's circular and fits flush with the vanity top, and it has a metal trim ring around it. The rim has a slit in it, through which water is leaking...
  2. LouRocco

risers from water line -- is 90 degrees OK?

First, I wouldn't be asking this if copper weren't so expensive. But it is... I have to tie in several risers to hot and cold horizontal water lines (these are already in place). So, I have to go up and over and up again. I have more than enough 90 degree elbows laying around, and no 45s...
  3. LouRocco

pentagonal shower -- valve placement

Hi All, I'm putting in a pentagonal shower that measures 38" x 38" on the square sides. Just wondering if there is a "best place" for the shower valve / head? My gut tells me in the middle (i.e. about 19"), but then there's a little voice that says more toward the corner. One slight...
  4. LouRocco

water pipe dimensions?

Hi All, I’m installing some fixtures in a multifamily house (4 apartments). Most of the water pipe is already there, but I have some concerns about the dimensions. Currently, the water pipe after the meter is 1†copper which branches into two 1†cold lines (one serving east side...
  5. LouRocco

Moving toilet four inches

Hi All, I've been a long-time reader of this forum, but this is my first post. It's in response to Gary's advice to Lina. While I agree with Gary that I wouldn't tell a doctor or dentist how to DO (as in EXECUTE) his job, I most certainly would ask questions about the job he was GOING TO...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks