Recent content by Lots to Learn

1. Lots to Learn

Toilet Flange Recessed 1 1/8" Below Floor

Yeah, the tile is cracking in places. Anyway, cost is an issue in this case but I would also hate to risk a leak.
  2. Lots to Learn

No, I think its just tile on top of backer board on top of linoleum on top of 1/4" plywood.
  3. Lots to Learn

I'm helping a neighbor replace her toilet. The top of the flange sits about 1 1/8" below the surface of the tile floor. This is quite a bit more than I've been reading about for folks with this same problem. How would you handle this? I was thinking maybe either flange extenders or the...
  4. Lots to Learn

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

Finally, closure (literally & figuratively) Here's what solved the running toilet problem. It has this adjustable float body that I don't quite understand. If anyone who is familiar with these would care to explain that, that would be great!
  5. Lots to Learn

Here's where I'm at: The water level recedes to the interface of the flapper and the rim of the flush valve. The flapper has no flaws that I can see, nor does the rim. So I can't figure out where it is not sealing/why it is leaking. I note that the inside of the flush valve feels gritty, so...
  6. Lots to Learn

Oh goody, now I get to learn all about repairing/replacing the flapper and/or the flush valve. Which was the main problem with the toilet I pulled. But before I get to that, I'm going to see about changing my order for two K-11456 toilets (that I picked out with my hypothetical credit for...
  7. Lots to Learn

Ah ha! Well, there you go. I was sure it couldn't be the flapper, and it's the flapper. The water level drops to the flapper and stays there. Thank you for the suggestions! (I never could get that fill valve cap off.) How ridiculous is that on a new toilet? Yeah, I picked up on how...
  8. Lots to Learn

Running Kohler Toilet Class Five I know running toilets are not a challenging question on this site, but I hope you'll have the patience to give me some suggestions. Brand new Kohler K-3489 toilet with Class Five flushing system installed last night is running. Water level looks okay (as does...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks