Recent content by lojoma

1. lojoma

Distance between plumbing vent and bathroom van exhaust

Thanks for the replies. Would bath fan venting out the wall rather than the roof make a difference? I figured the damper isn't the most reliable thing for this intent. If I'm incorrect let me know. Thanks!
  2. lojoma

Distance between plumbing vent and bathroom van exhaust

Is there a minimum distance between where the sink vent goes through the roof and where a bath fan exhaust goes through the roof? Seems if they are too close you could get sewer gas coming back through the bath fan. I did a search but couldn't find this specifically.
  3. lojoma

Does this sink drain configuration look right?

Okay, will do. I think I see what you mean now about why it needs that vent. I corrected the dishwasher line, too. Thanks for your help.
  4. lojoma

The vent is in the wall. I know this because the cabinet was removed to replace the drain under the foundation and replaced it all the way to the vent. Thanks for your help.
  5. lojoma

I have a three-basin kitchen sink with disposer in center. I will soon replace the sink and wondered if the current configuration is correct...I can't find a good source on how to set up the drain for a 3-basin sink (a good link would be appreciated). So currently the left basin has its own...
  6. lojoma

Trying to figure out who made shower trim/valve

Okay, the cartridge says Hydroblast Italy and I think it's this one: http://www.griggindustries.com/page329.html The brass plate actually had QMF, not OMF, and this is their website: http://www.qmfco.com/index.htm but it looks like they fabricate for other people. Any help?
  7. lojoma

That thought did cross my mind. I will remodel this bath in the next year or so but just trying to update it a little to tide us over. Really hope someone can identify or at least have an idea of how to find a replacement trim set for a square-holed lever handle. I will have some time this...
  8. lojoma

I would like to replace the shower trim pieces but I can't figure out the markings. There are no numbers on the valve. The only place where it is marked is on the back of the big plate...it has P12040 and a little "omf" in a kind of oval. The handle lifts and turns side to side. The handle...
  9. lojoma

Source for double fixture cross?

I am having trouble finding a double fixture cross locally and went online. I ordered one from a supplier but what I got was a sanitary cross instead. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ideally it would be either 2" on all connections or 2" top and bottom with 1 1/2" on the sides. Thanks.
  10. lojoma

Moving toilet and vanity in a bath remodel

Wow, thanks for that great diagram! But I have more information. I took down the sheetrock on the toilet wall and broke out the concrete between the toilet and wall. The toilet vent and drain are in the wall behind the toilet. I think it's a 3 inch cast iron drain pipe and a 2 inch vent. I am...
  11. lojoma

I hear you that what's under the floor is what's important. Thanks. I have started demo and I have a few pictures to show. I haven't broken out the concrete but the wall is exposed and the tub is out. Hopefully this will at least give a closer notion of what's under the concrete before I...
  12. lojoma

Thanks for your opinions. I'll update as I know more and start demo to see what's in the walls.
  13. lojoma

Thanks for the comments, and sorry to have moved the thread on you, there. I figured the change in toilet location was going to be a bigger issue. And I truly understand that you need to see the exposed walls to know how things are vented, etc. Again, understanding the lack of information...
  14. lojoma

Bath remodel...moving toilet and vanity

REPOSTED in plumbing Sorry, I reposted this one in plumbing...after looking more carefully the posts in this section are mostly non-plumbing related. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks