Recent content by lochcarron

1. L

Shower Drain

Just about to install my shower base in my basement bathroom. Are the no caulk drain seals reliable or should I caulk around the drain and pipe as well. Also my drain has to sit inside my concrete floor . I left a square opening to do this in my floor.Should I cover up with concrete or leave it...
  2. L

under slab plumbing

Could anyone please give me some advice; I'm planning to do a basement renovation in the next week or so , adding a shower and moving a toilet. I was wondering what I should do when I tie in to my sewer line which is under the concrete slab. Above slab it's abs pipe 3" and a secondary 2" line 4...
  3. L

cellular core abs

Thanks so much for your help!
  4. L

cellular core abs

Can anyone explain why at Home depot (in Canada) they have signs posted saying do not use cellular core abs pipe below slab. I didn't know there was another type of abs.
  5. L

abs pipe

Thanks for your help. This forum has been extremly helpful!!
  6. L

abs pipe

Is it necessary to prime or clean abs pipe before gluing?
  7. L

Cast iron couplers

I'm doing a basement bathroom reno and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which cast iron to abs coupler I should buy? I've seen two types: the all metal band with two clamps around a rubber sleeve or a solid rubber boot with two clamps as well. The solid rubber one looks like it would...
  8. L

basement bathroom reno

Thanks for the advice! I think I've seen a 4" elbow with a reducer down to 3". Or maybe I'll just use 4" all the way back to my main sewer line which I'm almost positive it is also 4".
  9. L

basement bathroom reno

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on rough plumbing my downstairs plumbing? I want to move my existing toilet over to make room to add a shower. I've noticed that below slab my sewer pipe is cast iron which is also true of the line that runs to my toilet. I thought I would cut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks