Recent content by lisa777777

1. L

Urine Leaking from UNDERNEATH Toilet into Ceiling Below - NOTHING above leaking!

Turns out it was NOT bad aim, but the joint between the cast iron pipe running waste water from the toilet, into another cast iron pipe has a very small leak (lots of rust, so it looked like urine, but was not). House (and thus cast iron pipes) is 71 years old. Going to try plumbers epoxy and...
  2. L

Urine Leaking from UNDERNEATH Toilet into Ceiling Below - NOTHING above leaking!

THANK YOU ALL! I read up on this before and think the same thing -- bad aim. the urine is DEFINITELY undiluted, though (it falls into a bucket), and it is intermittent and sparse (tablespoon every other day or so). The twist is that the urine is NOT ending up OUTSIDE the toilet. there are no...
  3. L

We just installed the toilet. There is UNDILUTED urine leaking down, but only from below the toilet (nothing showing around the bowl near the toilet or where the toilet meets the tile on the floor). You can only see the dripping urine from the basement, when you look up near where the toilet...
  4. L

Toto ECO Drake II 1.28 GPF

We are replacing our 1940's toilet -- i.e., great flushing. How will the Drake II compare? Went into a local plumbing supply store today and the salesperson said the Drake II is very new (6 months) and used to have a different name. Is there a lot of experience using this toilet out there...
  5. L

Bathtub Replacement -- Go with Corner Tub or 54" Tub?

Trying to figure out how to attach a photo or drawing -- doesn't seem to be working. Regardless, trying to not move bath and toilet which are side-by-side. Current space for toilet is 31" to existing corner bath. If put in a wall, that takes 4". Now only have 27" for toilet -- not enough, I...
  6. L

Bathtub Replacement -- Go with Corner Tub or 54" Tub?

We are gutting and replacing all fixtures in our small (8 ft x 8 ft) 1940 bathroom. Currently have a corner cast iron tub finished on 2 sides. Can't find a replacement that is finished on 2 sides (we want cast iron or enamel on steel). Are there such things that are standard tub side (i.e...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks