Recent content by lipinskifb

1. lipinskifb

New Water Treatment System Recommendations

Mikey, Gary S. - Thanks for the info. The Mrs., has been using the Malibu products mentioned in the one link. This has helped somewhat with the color side of the problem. She also tried many other remedies like washing with bottled/distilled water - but found that was not fun due to the fact...
  2. lipinskifb

Mikey, My plan was just for handling the rotten egg smell that can be created by bacteria buildup in the hwh. I have read in multiple places about putting a pint or two of hydrogen peroxide in the hwh overnight to kill the bacteria. Between the cold inlet shutoff and the cold inlet of the...
  3. lipinskifb

ditto - Regarding the HWH. I haven't been able to figure out how to open the side of it to access the settings and where the elements are, etc. Granted, I haven't tried very hard, but they installed the heater and built a closet around it - so access is very difficult. Secondly, my guess is...
  4. lipinskifb

ditto - thanks for the info. Do you think that with ~3ppm iron it should be treated by an iron-removing-device before the softener rather than letting the softener handle it? If so, what is the smallest footprint device that you would recommend. Although I agree on the chlorine + contact tank...
  5. lipinskifb

Reach4 - Here is what I currently have as far as a backwashing filter: http://www.ecodynewatertreatment.com/central-water/view/whelj1/ It's Whirlpool branded from L*wes. The 'How it works' tab indicates that it's Quartz underbedding, plus fine filter media, plus Carbon-based media. The...
  6. lipinskifb

Long time lurker, first time poster.. (Warning - this is going to be a long post....) I'm looking from some recommendations and advice from the many experts here on an overall water treatment system. We recently moved into a house on a well, and since moving in, my wife has had problems with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks