Recent content by Leif Palmer

1. Leif Palmer

Stuck Compression Ring

OK...I got it. I used a mini-hacksaw to cut 3/16 off the end of the copper tube. Then I used the old nut and sleeve with the new 1/4 turn stop... I know, I know... real plumbers will jeer at me for not making it all new. But shoot, I needed to get the hot water back on :eek: Now next...
  2. Leif Palmer

Stuck Compression Ring

No plumbing supply in this Big Island village. We're lucky to have a full service lumberyard. But they didn't have a sleeve puller. Figures. I'm gonna try cutting the trim ring back with metal shears. Then maybe I can get a good hold with pliers on the sleeve. If not, plan B is...
  3. Leif Palmer

Stuck Compression Ring

Hmm...maybe I'll stumble down to the building supply and see if I can find a sleeve puller... If not, I guess I'll just cut into the drywall and sweat on a coupling :D
  4. Leif Palmer

Stuck Compression Ring

It's too short... I can't even push the nut far enough back to get a good hold on the ring with the pliers...dang.
  5. Leif Palmer

Stuck Compression Ring

I'm trying to put a new angle stop under my kitchen sink. Only problem is...the old compression ring won't come off and the new stop is a bit shorter on the inside than the old one. Won't seal (or even start threading.) Or else I'd just use the old ring and comp nut. Apply heat? Or what?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks