Recent content by Leemonster

1. Leemonster

Tub Spout Removal

Hi all. I'm having trouble removing my tub spout. There does not appear to be a set screw holding in on, so I'm guessing it is a screw-on . I've tried to turn it counter-clockwise, but it is not budging. I'm afraid of applying to much pressure and ruining the copper pipe. Are there any tricks to...
  2. Leemonster

Good quality shower valve

I just puchased a Price Pfister shower valve (model Treviso 808-5DK) from Lowes. After opening the box to check it out, I not sure I like the quality of it. The valve body is brass, but everything else is plastic. The piece that the handle attaches to is also plastic and it seems like it could...
  3. Leemonster

Unsweating 1 side of tee

I thought of that, but out of the tee there is a 45 elbow and the 1/2" pipe branches to the right and thru a 2x4 stud. I need it to branch to the left. If I just cut and re-route it, it will have to make a u-turn back thru the stud. I think this would look pretty funky (even though it won't ever...
  4. Leemonster

Unsweating 1 side of tee

Hello all. I'm rebuilding my shower and am planning on moving the location of my shower valve. I have 2 tees that are inline with the supply lines (3/4") and branch to the shower valve via 1/2 lines. I need to unsweat the current 1/2 pipe in each tee in order to relocate the shower valve. Can...
  5. Leemonster

Water softener question

I've been researching this for some time now. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, visit this site for more information. http://www.ohiopurewaterco.com. You definitely need a water test first. Based on the results of thetest and your water usage, they will recommend a system. You can save a lot of...
  6. Leemonster

Sweating copper prep

Well I took a chance and went ahead with the soldering and had no problems. I used Oatey #95 flux with Oatey safe flo solder. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
  7. Leemonster

Sweating copper prep

Hello all, I finished cleaning, fluxing, fitting several pipes and fittings but had to tend to some other chores before I could solder them. Is it OK to solder these joints after they have been sitting overnight or should I clean and flux again. Thanks
  8. Leemonster

ABS ?

I'm a bit paranoid whenever I start a new project and try to think of everything that can possibly go wrong before I start, so I figured I'd ask a possibly dumb question. I'm going to be cutting into a 4" drain pipe and just want to be sure it is ABS pipe. It is black and has the following...
  9. Leemonster

Water softener drain

Thanks Thanks Cass, I like it (no cutting the pipes). I tried removing the C/O cap the other day and it was stuck. I didn't apply a whole lot of torque to it because I was afraid something might snap. Is my fear justifed or should I just go for it? Maybe I should soak the threads with WD40 or...
  10. Leemonster

Water softener drain

Hello, I'm planning an install for a water softener in my basement and want to make sure I can plumb in a drain properly. I have an existing drain pipe that currently handles a bathroom and washer that I want to tie into. I've attached a picture. I'm thinking I can just cut into this and install...
  11. Leemonster

Clearwave Electronic water conditioner

Does anyone have any experience with the Clearwave Electronic water conditioner. I have hard water and ran across this in my research. http://www.smarthome.com/3260.html
  12. Leemonster

Single vs dual aquastat - water heater

Thanks for the info HJ. This is an oil fired hot water heater.
  13. Leemonster

Single vs dual aquastat - water heater

Does anyone know the difference between single and dual aquastats?
  14. Leemonster

Aquatstat removal from hot water heater

I'm removing an oil-fired hot water heater and was wondering if there are any tricks to removing the aquastat without damaging anything. There only appears to be a set screw to remove. Should I expect any suprises? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks