Recent content by leak_chaser

1. leak_chaser

Delta 212 ball - what threads?

Hi all, Does anyone know the thread specs for Delta 212 ball? I have tried fitting a 8-32 screw and it is very close, but not the same. Is it metric? Thanks.
  2. leak_chaser

Single-Handle Faucet - Are Inlets Interconnected?

It is just a regular faucet connection - 1/2 inch male straight threads, brass. I tried a 1/2 inch cap with pipe threads and that did not go on. Any idea what sort of a cap I need? I would think it would have to be something with rubber on the inside to make a seal.
  3. leak_chaser

It is a sink faucet and I want to cap the hot water inlet on the faucet, because there is no pipe connecting to it. I was hoping for something simple like a cap, but I am not sure if there is one available for this purpose.
  4. leak_chaser

What would be a cheap and reliable way to cap? The ideas I have so far: A supply line followed by a ball valve service stop. Expensive. A faucet to pex adapter followed by a short length of pex with a plug on the end. The faucet to pex adapter is plastic - not reliable.
  5. leak_chaser

I have an old Delta single-handle faucet that I want to use for cold water only. There will be no hot water line connected to the faucet. Will the water come out of the hot inlet when the faucet is on? Will the water come out of the hot inlet when the faucet is off? What is the best way to...
  6. leak_chaser

Fitting 1/2-inch FNPT to Faucet

I believe both the tapered (NPT) and the straight (NPSM) are 14 threads per inch.
  7. leak_chaser

The reason I did not want to use a regular PEX to faucet adapter is because they are plastic (at least the ones available here). We all know not to use plastic female adapters if we can help it. Regarding matching the straight and tapered threads, in theory they should tighten up for a short...
  8. leak_chaser

Will it work? The threads on the kitchen/bathroom faucet are not tapered. Will Teflon tape seal it? In particular, I was looking to use this PEX to female NPT adapter to hook PEX up to the faucet...
  9. leak_chaser

PEX Directly to Faucet

I should have said it is a DIY manifold, so I can replace manifold valves when needed. Thanks.
  10. leak_chaser

PEX Directly to Faucet

Hi all. I need to run water from a manifold to a kitchen sink faucet using a dedicated 1/2" PEX line. The manifold is within a few feet of the faucet and has a cutoff valve for this line, so I do not see a need for an extra cutoff valve at the faucet. I am thinking of running 1/2" PEX directly...
  11. leak_chaser

PEX Cinch Fittings - Mixing Brands

This is what I have been able to figure out so far. The SharkBite and Apollo cinch tools use different sized gauges for calibration. The SharkBite gauge is thicker than the Apollo one, so the SharkBite tool has a wider gap. Which means that maybe the pipe and/or clamps are NOT interchangeable...
  12. leak_chaser

PEX Cinch Fittings - Mixing Brands

Is it OK to use a Apollo brand PEX cinch tool (http://www.lowes.com/pd_153553-61002-69PTKG1096_0__?Ntt=69ptkg1096&UserSearch=69ptkg1096&productId=3572372&rpp=32) with SharkBite brand PEX pipe(http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-x-100-ft-Blue-PEX-Pipe-U860B100/202033010) and...
  13. leak_chaser

Black poly tubing for potable water

Thanks. But what would you use?
  14. leak_chaser

Black poly tubing for potable water

This is for an underground line from the meter to the house. Not sure what you mean by formulation. Here is a few links: This one has no certifications or listings: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Advanced-Drainage-Systems-3-4-in-x-300-ft-Polyethylene-Pipe-4-75200300/203013666 This one is DWV rated...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks