Recent content by Lea

1. Lea

smells like Urine but no little boys in the house.

Wow, thank you Mad Plumber. I discussed your suggestion of a possible mouse problem with my sister and you guessed it! She has just recently discovered a mouse problem in her upstairs attic. They must be hanging out in the walls of this bathroom. Thanks so much for your suggestion. Now she...
  2. Lea

smells like Urine but no little boys in the house.

My sister has a 1960's home and all the bathrooms were recently remodeled before she moved in with all new fixtures and new tile. The strangest thing is that the down stairs bathroom which is only used by guest smells like urine. Not the typical sewer smell but pee. No little boys or dogs use...
  3. Lea

Support for hose bib

Where's that hose bib If you do not have freeze problems water standing in the line should not be a problem for a hose bib or your irrigation lines. Another suggestion is to place the hose bib BELOW ground level in a irrigation valve box. Make sure the bottom is filled half way with gravel. You...
  4. Lea

lots of water in vent pipe

This 3/4 inch pipe is just for the faucet to vent plus to allow the AC to drip condensation. I believe the heater intakes in a different location. At least I've never smelled sewer gases coming from the heater before and hopefully never will in the future. Eck! This story has a happy ending...
  5. Lea

I disconnected the trap arm, the horizontal arm that extends from the p-trap to the vent pipe in the wall. Since we haven't had much rain lately I was curious about the source of the water. I got up into the attic and discovered that both my AC units are indeed hooked up to this pipe. It is...
  6. Lea

' Mark, I think you nailed it when you said the line doesn't have enough fall. There is an AC system directly above this vent pipe. The pipe probably continues in the ceiling for quite a ways before turning upwards towards the roof. I have never heard any glubbing sounds or anything that...
  7. Lea

Hello, You helped me so much with recommending and installing my new Toto Drake that I hope you can help me with this elementry question. I am changing out a faucet in a guest bathroom. When I disconnected the vent pipe adjacent to the trap water poured out of the vent pipe. I placed a...
  8. Lea

HOT water in the toilet

crackin toilet Thanks for you advice. I guess that project needs to go to the top of the To-Do list. I've been dreading it due to the disruption to faux paint treatment, dry wall, cement board removal, tile removal, and who knows what I will get into once the drywall is cut. I'm pooped just...
  9. Lea

HOT water in the toilet

The toilet is next to the bathrub therefore the cold water must be in the wall to serve the tub. The water in the toilet after only one flush is extremely hot. It is one of those lousy two flush toilets. The hot water does a darn good job of cleaning the bowl. Fortunately, no smell problems.
  10. Lea

HOT water in the toilet

Hello, We have an builder grade water closet that flushes very hot water. The builder is long gone and we know we must rip into the wall to access the cold water line. That project is not very high on our to-do list; it has been a few years with no progress. A plumber told us, the tank or bowl...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks