Recent content by Lburk

1. Lburk

Best way to replace this shutoff valve? (See photo.)

I'm with Jimbo... I'd cut out that PVC line because using a torch that close, even with a bun cloth, you most likely will heat that PVC enough to distort it. I would also take that top 90º face it out, stub in a 3 to 4 inch piece of copper put another 90º on the end of it facing down, extend...
  2. Lburk

Not sure what is wrong with hot water in my house..

It's actually quite common for a slab leak (leak under the slab) to consume so much hot water that the water heater has a hard time keeping up with the demand placed on it by the leak alone not to mention the actual usage demand. I have seen this many times. As mentioned before, stopping all...
  3. Lburk

Garbage Disposers - Plumbing Contractor Grade vs. Orange Depot?

I recently installed the ISE Evolution Excel in my home. One horsepower, reversing, jam sensor etc. The real reason I got it is because it's quiet. After I installed it on a Kohler stainless steel sink, I turned it on. Told my wife to listen. She asked when I was going to turn it on and she was...
  4. Lburk

Hi Jimbo, Who do you work for in SD or are you selfemployed. The reason I ask is I spent 34 of...

Hi Jimbo, Who do you work for in SD or are you selfemployed. The reason I ask is I spent 34 of my 35 years plumbing in SD. Grew up in Clairemont, spent the last 25+ years in Ramona raising my sons. Spent nearly 20 years with Maio until about 3 years after he sold out to ARS.
  5. Lburk

What is the brand of this shower valve?

What you have there is a Mixet. There are two types based on years made. They are pre and post 1968 I believe it is. The one you are showing is the later which is most common. They're available nearly everywhere.
  6. Lburk

need help identifying faucet

I believe it to be a Delta 2256. If memory serves it takes the standard Delta two handle cartridge kit with springs and seats. No big deal to fix. Check your water pressure before doing anything. Water pressure is like blood pressure, the higher it is the worse it is on your homes water system.
  7. Lburk

In the Trades Forum

I would like to join the pro forum please. I have a mere 35 years in the trade and haven't quite got it down pat yet. So until I do I would like to learn from any one I can. And with my present employ I will have some questions that may throw some guys here for a loop or any of the real old guys...
  8. Lburk

I just dont get it! Please help!

Alright, if you're still reading this thread here's what you need. 1-Flanged tailpiece with tailpiece washer and slip joint nut. 1-2 part continuous waste. 1-P-trap. Here's how it goes together. Attach the flanged tailpiece to the bottom of the basket strainer making sure that the...
  9. Lburk

Can I seal the washer drain pipe ?

To get a sewer gas odor in your home there has to be an opening in the waste pipe somewhere. It may be a trap not fully sealing, it may be a cracked pipe or it may be a vent issue. Ok? The best way to find an open drain or sewer line is to have your entire drain, waste and vent system smoke...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks